Week 2: The Philadelphia DNA Boys (1-0) vs the Atlanta FalCAN'T's (0-1)

EaglesPeteC

This is the type of loss you could easily walk away from with your head up... In the Georgia Dome, Falcons desperate not to start 0-2, lost half your skill players, QB got banged up in 1st half AND posted career worst half, and we would have won it if not for a drop? Everything's fine!.... You could do that, but I would point to the fact that these injuries have been part of the team since 2017, they're not going away. Slow starts have plagued us since last year, they're not going away either. We're gonna have a lot more games like this, we'll win some of them, lose others, but based off these 1st 2 games it seems fair to say we were overhyped by a majority (11-12 wins, SB contender). We look more like 9 win team that could maybe sneak into the playoffs as a 4 or 6. 

I felt the same way last year early, but then I had faith we'd turn things around... but we never really did. Don't have that faith this time around.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

On a serious note (not the trolling nfl gen) - it really sucks to see that amount of injuries. Do you know yet how many of them will linger?

Having a season derail because 1/2 the team is on IR is the absolute worst. 

PS - Wentz did recover from the abysmal first half. That takes some intestinal fortitude to pull off. Good for him,

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

On a serious note (not the trolling nfl gen) - it really sucks to see that amount of injuries. Do you know yet how many of them will linger?

PS - Wentz did recover from the abysmal first half. That takes some intestinal fortitude to pull off. Good for him,

Thanks for that.

Hopefully Gallup is okay for y’all 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm glad this is the one post I chose to see.

I appreciate the maturity.

• Like 1