Week 2: The Philadelphia DNA Boys (1-0) vs the Atlanta FalCAN'T's (0-1)

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't blame Sproles, I blame Doug for treating Sproles like Feature back in the 1st 1/2!! At no point, don't give 2 sh!ts the circumstances should Darren Sproles ever have more touches then Howard and or Sanders. Especially as a Runner!! Now 6-10 rec targets, by all means put his A$$ in the slot, motion, ect.

Like I said Miles Sanders played the most snaps on sunday.

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't blame Sproles, I blame Doug for treating Sproles like Feature back in the 1st 1/2!! At no point, don't give 2 sh!ts the circumstances should Darren Sproles ever have more touches then Howard and or Sanders. Especially as a Runner!! Now 6-10 rec targets, by all means put his A$$ in the slot, motion, ect.

I wouldn't even target him 6-10x. motion in the slot decoy, Sproles hasn't proved to me that he can catch anything aside from a wheel and a screen

ST is another deal...him and Desean are the only ones I'm confident in enough to catch a punt. 

I get sharing the load in Sept.- early Oct. when the grass is green its warm but 1-2 carries, a screen and some decoy snaps but that's it. Oct-January should be Howard/Sanders time. Sprinkling in some Clement. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I have to imagine that you'll see a lot more Miles later in the season as he's the only back under contract to be here next season and I see it as unlikely (not impossible) that we bring back Jordan Howard next year, but last week was good for him.

If they can develop that rotation, I could totally see him coming back yeah 

On 9/11/2019 at 2:39 PM, Nabbs4u said:

So over under 150 2TD for Julio this game?

Can we please see a heavy dose of Jordan Howard and Miles Sanders this week Doug? Let Sproles rest, walk on crutches ,whatever is needed to limit his touches this game I'm in favor of.

Sanders lead the team in carries with 11 for a whopping 25 yards (2.3 average)(36 snaps)

Sproles lead the team in yards with 9 carries for 47 yards (5.2 average)(22 snaps)

Howard lead the team in average with 6 carries for 44 yards (7.3 average)(17 snaps)

None of them had a run over 20 yards, all of them added in a 2-3 targets.

While I agree with the narrative of giving the younger guy his shot, I also like playing the guy who is doing better. I really can't complain how the RBs were used with the exception of the Sproles run up the gut in and the one pitch play, both in 3rd and short situations.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

While I agree with the narrative of giving the younger guy his shot, I also like playing the guy who is doing better. I really can't complain how the RBs were used with the exception of the Sproles run up the gut in and the one pitch play, both in 3rd and short situations.

This. I didn't get to watch the game until last night so most of my opinion was based off your guys reactions about Sproles, on the field, being force fed the majority of the 1st half. Especially in dumb a$$ situations like you just described. 

After watching the game last night , Sproles didn't look bad at all. So for that I apologize.  Blame all of you from the GDay Thread.😎

However Sproles should not be getting that much work. Not when Howard is averaging 7yds a clip. Never up the Gut, and never as a Runner on 3rd/4th and Shorts. 2 back set, where he goes in motion out if the backfield, splits out , tajes a LB with him , absolutely.  This obsession Doug has with slamming him into a 8 man box is frustrating as hell.

5 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Awe yes, week 2! Just like week 1 but without the first half rust. Eagle offense is too much for the falcons to handle. 38 to 17 Philly!

Go Birds!

master "The Haul" Cheddaar

While I'd love to see this, historically the last 4 games, this isnt happening most likely.  Typically 

We run the ball down the throats to score TDs

Can't throw for a TD to save our lives

They can't run the Ball to save their lives 

But throw TD at will down our throats 

Let's see which if any of the 4 things listed above changes? As long as we get the W, I don't care!!

Edited by Nabbs4u