Week 2: The Philadelphia DNA Boys (1-0) vs the Atlanta FalCAN'T's (0-1)

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Sanders lead the team in carries with 11 for a whopping 25 yards (2.3 average)(36 snaps)

Sproles lead the team in yards with 9 carries for 47 yards (5.2 average)(22 snaps)

Howard lead the team in average with 6 carries for 44 yards (7.3 average)(17 snaps)

None of them had a run over 20 yards, all of them added in a 2-3 targets.

While I agree with the narrative of giving the younger guy his shot, I also like playing the guy who is doing better. I really can't complain how the RBs were used with the exception of the Sproles run up the gut in and the one pitch play, both in 3rd and short situations.

If you look at the box score for Sanders then you're doing it completely wrong. The dude looked legit. He's actually good in pass protection and had a 30 something yard TD called back due to a penalty the NFL itself admitted should not have been called.

That said, Howard needs more carries.

Another week of football boys, so psyched for this game

Atlanta has talent but I feel that they kind of have a soft mentality. The Vikings ran it down their throats all game last week. Tomorrow should be a good chance to give Jordan Howard some looks in the power running game. Sprinkle in a little Miles Sanders there to keep them off balance. Once the ground game is established, spring some play action passes and really work them in the middle with Ertz/Goedert and over the top with D-Jax 

• Like 1

I think the shaky performance from the CB group last week will prove to be an anomaly going forward. It's being overblown on some of the podcasts I listen to, and in the national media as well. I attribute most of the struggles, as cliche as it sounds, to week 1 rust and them getting their sea legs under them. Looking forward to watching these young guys get another shot to prove themselves. However, I do believe Sendejo is just not a very good player and needs to be replaced with Minkah 🙏🙏🙏 Fly Eagles Fly

33 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

ngl i feel like this is gonna be a rough game. falcons been underachieving compared to their talent level for a long time; coupled with our terrible secondary im not super confident. 

Relax with the secondary stuff. It was one game in week 1 playing young guys who don't have a ton of experience, playing against a terrible Washington team with nothing to lose. Not to mention McLeod and Darby first games back from season ending injuries. The secondary will be fine.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Relax with the secondary stuff. It was one game in week 1 playing young guys who don't have a ton of experience, playing against a terrible Washington team with nothing to lose. Not to mention McLeod and Darby first games back from season ending injuries. The secondary will be fine.

Brother I'm not basing our secondary on last week. I'm basing it on consistently poor play the last few years.

16 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Brother I'm not basing our secondary on last week. I'm basing it on consistently poor play the last few years.

Haha, I had hope that someone would take a big step forward this year like Jones, Douglas,or Darby. Week 1 killed a lot of my offseason optimism. I do think Maddox is good and will continue to be a good player though.

Edited by EAGLES3658