Texans release Aaron Colvin after horrific game vs Saints; signed by Skins

Matts4313

25 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Was he the corner that allowed the last catch?

Yup. Gave up a ton of plays prior to that, was picked on through the entire game. TreQuan Smith scored the go ahead TD on him, Ted Ginn had a huge play on him earlier in the game - the Saints keyed on him with very little regard.

I'm going to guess that Jacksonville is going to pick him up. Probably won't be suited up this week, but will be for the London game.

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There's a story from 2015 - Ryan Mallet overslept for a flight out to a road game (I think vs Miami) and BOB wanted to cut him right then and there. Rick Smith said "we're literally boarding the plane to Miami, our roster is set - if we cut him, who is our backup QB?"

That didn't deter BOB. He'd rather cut a QB on that mistake than operate with a backup QB. I personally think that was the beginning of the rift between O'Brien and Smith. Smith wasn't wrong, but how DARE he challenge an angry BOB.

BOB has the worst ego in football... and with no real pelts on the wall to justify it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

kneejerk reaction i think

its the saints after all

I keep telling my fellow Saints fans the same thing about how the Texans put up some big numbers on our secondary.  It's the Texans after all.  I mean Colvin did play really poorly though, but this type of kneejerk was too much.  If he had the same type of performance 2 weeks in a row, ok make the move, but against one of the best offenses in the NFL, just not a good move.