Antonio Brown accused of rape

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Given how many years ago this happened there's likely no physical evidence.

Last May isnt many years ago. But youre right there probably isnt physical evidence. Just the emails.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I believe a civil suit you can get money. A criminal is just to put them in jail/prison, which doesn't help her at all.

I might be wrong tho

Yes, thats what that means. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

what is the quickest the league has reacted to issues like this in the past?

i.e. when (if ever) might we see Goodell take action against Brown?

Bills rookie Tyrell Dodson was accused of domestic violence in June.

Wasn't placed on the exempt list until cut down day a few weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

And I think civil suits are easier to win?

IIRC, O.J. got off with the murders in criminal court but was found guilty when Nicole Brown Simpson's family charged him with a civil suit. He walked free from jail but had to pay millions to the families.

I mean this is completely off topic - but the fact that he wasn't found guilty for the murder of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman still baffles me.

So Forgive me ahead of time but I'm going to say something and maybe I'm wrong. Antonio Brown has spent the last 6 months completely destroying his reputation. I don't know the reputation of this particular woman involved but let's sig just for a moment that it is a positive 1. After so many months have passed the physical evidence most likely is not going to exist because chances are she didn't deal with it legally when it happened if it actually did happen. So this case had been a civil case comes down to this who does the judge  Believe. You cant settle and not look guilty. You also cant lose and not look guilty.

AB either beats this or retires.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I find it odd that she is keeping this as a civil suit and not a criminal one. I dont know if that means anything, but I dont understand why.

Because the bar is much lower in a civil case than a criminal one, so she has a much better chance of actually winning. 

Also, Money 

Just now, N4L said:

Because the bar is much lower in a civil case than a criminal one, so she has a much better chance of actually winning. 

Also, Money 

But also because she can't decide to press criminal charges since she's a trainer and not the DA. We don't know that she refused to cooperate with the police, and pretending that going the civil route only as a strategy assumes that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll say this. Its not THAT hard to fake an email.

Having said that, it's also not that hard for ppl trained to do so, to track IPs and discover if that email is legit.

Can't fake the backend meta-data and technical proprties info from an email though. The servers it bounced off of etc.

• Like 1