Why mid round "safe picks"?

Hockey5djh

So i'll revisit this. One guy who is seriously paying dividends right now is Kareem Hunt. I have him on pretty much all of my teams and drafted him over guys like Tevin Coleman, Mark Ingram/AP, Bilal Powell, Duke Johnson, and Jonathan Stewart. I feel like finding just one Kareem Hunt is much more worthwhile than some of these "solid" or "7-8 point" guys.

Note: These drafts happened before he got the starting job.

42 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

So i'll revisit this. One guy who is seriously paying dividends right now is Kareem Hunt. I have him on pretty much all of my teams and drafted him over guys like Tevin Coleman, Mark Ingram/AP, Bilal Powell, Duke Johnson, and Jonathan Stewart. I feel like finding just one Kareem Hunt is much more worthwhile than some of these "solid" or "7-8 point" guys.

Note: These drafts happened before he got the starting job.

When the term mid-round safe picks was being thrown around I thought of it as picks 50-100. I targeted Hunt around 90 before getting the job in most mock drafts.

At WR in that range I felt it made more sense to go safe at those areas. Guys like Thielen, Diggs, Maclin, Garcon and Cobb are likely going to outperform any high upside WR gambles people took in that range.

At RB I was targeting Henry, and Martin in those areas but do agree that I don't see the point of taking Duke Johnson, Rob Kelly types before an upside play like Hunt.

Archived