Jonathan Abrams out for the year?

NickButera

Lots of name players out there but not sure any of them have much left in the tank, Mike Mitchell, TJ McDonald, Iloka and Berry of course have all been very good players. We do have Harris who is a big safety and capable at least. It's a shame Abram is going to miss a lot of time, he looks like he has the energy and desire but needs some tempering and the experience. This year would have been a great learning year for him especially with Joseph and Joyner beside him.

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Forgot about TJ McDonald. Local kid from Fresno who knows Carr. Similar game to Abram 

Knows Carr? They went to different colleges i think McDonald went to UCLA like his father. They didn’t go to the same high school either Carr went to Bakersfield whereas McDonald went to Edison. Carr probably knows me better than McDonald. Plus McDonald hasn’t really been all that great. I’d rather see what the Raiders have as backups before signing McDonald. 

• Like 1

Following a season-ending injury to S Johnathan Abram, the Raiders tried out veteran DBs T.J. McDonald, Kentrell Brice, Juston Burris and Briean Boddy-Calhoun.

Burris and Calhoun are CBs. If they were to be signed, i guess it means more Joyner at S. McDonald would just fill Abram's role. I think it's the most logical signing.

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Burris and Calhoun are CBs. If they were to be signed, i guess it means more Joyner at S. McDonald would just fill Abram's role. I think it's the most logical signing.

Joyner said that he prefers to stay in the slot. There are some good options with IIoka, Berry, and Fitzpatrick available right now. 

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Would y’all give up a first for minka?

Nah. The most that I'd give up would be a 2021 2nd and if that's not enough to get it done I'd throw in a 2020 3rd as well. Can Minkah and Abram be effective together? 

Edited by NYRaider

We signed Burris. Don't know anything about him.

Edit: So he played 8 games last year but 0 snap on D. I think he's inactive and is cut when Lawson is back from suspension. Erik Harris should get playing time on D (0 snap last week).

Edited by oakdb36

57 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We signed Burris. Don't know anything about him.

Edit: So he played 8 games last year but 0 snap on D. I think he's inactive and is cut when Lawson is back from suspension. Erik Harris should get playing time on D (0 snap last week).

Yup. Looks like we're going to roll with Harris and Riley rotating in at FS. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He's played 4 games since 2016..... why?

Berry was the best safety in the game when he played. (Always thought his skill set was better than Thomas). A one year deal doesn’t do anything to hurt us to be honest, even if he can’t win the starting job. 

I’ve heard Berry’s name swirl around the Chargers and Raiders. Someone will eventually sign him. 

Normally I would say no to a trade but with Fitzpatrick still on a rookie contract I would give a 2020 3rd plus a 2021 3rd.  Same picks as giving a 2021 2nd and 3rd or a 2020 3rd and 4th.  It would solve the issue if Gruden does not want to resign Joseph next year.  If they like what they have with a Joseph/ Abram combo I would just sign a FA.

• Like 2