Jonathan Abrams out for the year?

NickButera

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Normally I would say no to a trade but with Fitzpatrick still on a rookie contract I would give a 2020 3rd plus a 2021 3rd.  Same picks as giving a 2021 2nd and 3rd or a 2020 3rd and 4th.  It would solve the issue if Gruden does not want to resign Joseph next year.  If they like what they have with a Joseph/ Abram combo I would just sign a FA.

In theory you could keep all 3 and rotate them depending on the situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In theory you could keep all 3 and rotate them depending on the situation. 

If we are going to have Joseph/Abram play a hybrid role in a 4-2-5 then yes.  Joyner-Conley-Abram-Joseph-Fitzpatrick-Mullen could be a very good backfield unit.  We could afford it with half of them on rookie contracts.  Depends on how much Conley gets paid and how much Joseph will want.  Conley is going to get paid if he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we are going to have Joseph/Abram play a hybrid role in a 4-2-5 then yes.  Joyner-Conley-Abram-Joseph-Fitzpatrick-Mullen could be a very good backfield unit.  We could afford it with half of them on rookie contracts.  Depends on how much Conley gets paid and how much Joseph will want.  Conley is going to get paid if he can stay healthy.

Abram is probably at his best in a hybrid role, so are Joyner/Fitzpatrick so we'd have the ability to throw a ton of different looks at offenses.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Joseph won’t be on the team next year unless he balls out this year. Abram was drafted as his replacement. 

He could stick if he has the right price tag. Plays hard. Teammates love him. And he's smart.

The thing about Minkah is having too much money tied up in DBs. Joyner got a deal. Conley, Fitzpatrick, Abram, and Mullens will also need extensions all around the same time. I know the idea is to be good with young guys on cheap contracts but I don't see how this group would all work out money-wise. Someone would have to get moved. Then again, Minkah has the highest potential so yeah. Still think its a moot point as I dont see it happening though.

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

He could stick if he has the right price tag. Plays hard. Teammates love him. And he's smart.

The thing about Minkah is having too much money tied up in DBs. Joyner got a deal. Conley, Fitzpatrick, Abram, and Mullens will also need extensions all around the same time. I know the idea is to be good with young guys on cheap contracts but I don't see how this group would all work out money-wise. Someone would have to get moved. Then again, Minkah has the highest potential so yeah. Still think its a moot point as I dont see it happening though.

Having too many guys to pay is technically a good problem and then you just start doing the plus and minus game with who to keep and let the others walk for comp picks. Plus that won't be a problem for a few years we could make a nice run while they are still cheap.

16 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Having too many guys to pay is technically a good problem and then you just start doing the plus and minus game with who to keep and let the others walk for comp picks. Plus that won't be a problem for a few years we could make a nice run while they are still cheap.

I don't entirely disagree and kind of alluded to your points as well. I'm just also fine with going about it another way. DBs are more important than ever though