Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

On 7/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

Might have missed it but surprised there hasn't been any talk about Lamar being #1 on the NFL 100.

After the way he ended the year I feel like it should have gone to Mahomes, but it's not like there wasn't a case for Lamar considering he was the unanimous MVP. 

Either way, cool little accolade among many for him to pick up. Really enjoyed the video they put together, just the way guys around the league talk about him is cool to see. 

Yeah I saw he won it, but I hadn’t seen this video of it until just now. That’s dope. He’s got a lot of NFL players seemingly rooting for him. Was definitely awesome to see for sure. Have to imagine Pat Mahomes getting hurt in the regular season might’ve also played a part. Either way, stuff like this is awesome to see. Going from so many years of depressed QB play in the Boller era than years of above average to mediocre play in the Flacco era and thinking that was as good as it would mostly get, to just one season later seeing this dude win the MVP unanimously and being voted as the #1 player by his peers is pretty insane.

Like the one guy said at the end, hopefully he can keep this up because if he does, he along with Mahomes are probably two players that I think have a fair shot at GOAT status. We just need to start cultivating some rings to get that train started.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the allotment of these are perfect, but this is what we've been harping on for a while now. I can see videos like these/analysis like this becoming more and more common. Especially for QBs with plus mobility, but for other ball carriers as well.

I tried watching it, but it was too inconsistent in the contact evaluation and the ticker/scorer in the top wasn't used very well. I think they applied the score at the beginning of the play, which made it difficult to get a great feel of the play, but I am not certain.

I am still waiting for the Ken McCusick analysis, which I think will be a little more detailed and have a "method" behind the scoring rather than a subjective evaluation.

In the end, I think we will see a similar result, but we have to have some comparative analysis, for instance taking Josh Allen/Deshaun Watson/Baker Mayfield and see how many hits they take.

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

So is this guy just putting on an act to drive clicks or is he truly this much of a clown?

Feels like a put on. 

Yeah he clearly didn’t watch the interview. LOL. Lamar literally walked asked about Dez and he said something like, “we’ve got a whole bunch of great receivers here, that’s up to the front office. But I did see him working out on IG and he looked good. We’ll see what they decide.” Or some legit party line type of comments. He complimented Dez in case he’s added to the team, while also complimented his WRs for support, while also not campaigning for Dez and left it up to the front office.

Too many media members just like to instigate nonsense. They’re starting to get just as bad a rep as the classic “used car salesman.” Most are too insufferable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Too many media members just like to instigate nonsense. They’re starting to get just as bad a rep as the classic “used car salesman.” Most are too insufferable.

The entire industry is broken, and America suffers as a result. 

16 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah he clearly didn’t watch the interview. LOL. Lamar literally walked asked about Dez and he said something like, “we’ve got a whole bunch of great receivers here, that’s up to the front office. But I did see him working out on IG and he looked good. We’ll see what they decide.” Or some legit party line type of comments. He complimented Dez in case he’s added to the team, while also complimented his WRs for support, while also not campaigning for Dez and left it up to the front office.

Same thing with AB - I forget the specifics, but it went something like this after Lamar/Hollywood/AB all worked out together...

Question: Would you like to play with AB at some point

Lamar: That would be cool, he's a great player who's done a lot in the league

Report: Lamar DEMANDS team sign Antonio Brown

That all said, I trust EDC. If he thinks Dez (or AB) can come in and contribute without being a distraction, then I'm on board. The thing I like about Dez is his blocking ability and nastiness against DBs - he might be a 1-for-1 upgrade over Roberts's role from last season, for example. And if either of those guys comes in and is a negative, our coaching staff has the cachet to cut bait and not lose the rest of the team.

I’m more in camp AB.

My issue with bringing him on are that a) he’s a narcissist and thus at some point will impact the team negatively b) his cousin is on the team and I’d rather our treatment of AB impact Hollywood’s perception of the organization and c) AB isn’t really a great human, having him being such a prominent member of a SB run would somehow feel “tainted” in a way. I would look back on the 2020 team and as opposed to being proud, being a little more embarrassed that we subjugated our morality just to win.

Its far better looking back on that 2012 run and being proud that we had guys who for all intents and purposes are quality humans that were pivotal to that run. Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Anquan Boldin. Joe Flacco is a quality dude. Ed Reed and Haloti Ngata. Even guys like Ray Rice and Ray Lewis while they both had incidents that cast them in a hugely negative light, they’re for all accounts, one time offenders... and prior to and after the fact have displayed great characteristics of human civility.

Suggs is probably the only member of the squad that I no longer fully rock with because of repeated offenses. But most of that comes from one source and not many. One source CAN be tainted, but many sources saying the same things become more and more likely to be true.

Which brings us to AB. He’s a multi-source, multi-incident problem. If he goes on a playoff tear that eventually secures a SB for us, the guys who have been grinding for the past few seasons to build this championship unit will have parts of their impact relegated and covered up by a malcontent that will be remembered with and perhaps above them and what they meant to this team.

That all said while I doubt AB can be humbled, he wants to win and he loves to play ball. He seemed willing to submit into the Patriots culture (from a teammate perspective, not off the field perspective) until he was let go. He’s clearly a narcissist. But narcissists can be willing to submit until they don’t get what they want.

AB clearly wants to win and wants to produce. So an organization like the Raiders that aren’t a winning organization and don’t have the same standard of excellence, he’s going to see right through and thus disrespected them and just sought to use them for the money.

The Steelers have a winning organization, but Big Ben is also entitled. Like Marcus Peters said, Lamar is a dog and he loves the game. He’s different and not entitled. He mentioned how enough QBs in the league aren’t like that, they are there for the money and prestige. AB wants to win, but he wants to win and be great because he’s a narcissist. So if he sees Big Ben being allowed to skip out on things and getting privilege and not treating the game with its proper respect, he also wants to be rewarded with such privilege. But if he sees everyone being treated on the same footing, then he will simply want to be rewarded via the prestige of being known as “the best” or “great”.

Lamar isn’t entitled and the Ravens aren’t a losing organization like the current Raiders. The locker room is predicated on winning and doing your job. It’s why both Marcus Peters and Calais Campbell can equally fit into the locker room culture even though their personalities are nothing alike. Because the standard is simply to do your job and help the team win. This is a locker room culture that AB and his narcissism can fit into and in theory... not destroy the team, but he’d surely be on a small leash. And he’ll surely create problems once we eventually “let him go” as it’s a narcissistic tendency.

Edited by diamondbull424

as far as AB has drifted mentally, it really is more about the circus he brings with him media wise opposed to his non-debatable skill set he adds to the team iyam.

i'd rather have the team play the season flying under the radar as usual for this small market team. team was good enough for a playoff run last year and arguably roster talent has increased so... i can't see the argument for AB being the missing piece.