Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

Lamar's passing game has not been quite as sharp the past couple games, for various reasons. 

The Jets are an interesting team in that they suck, but they have a really strong run defense. 

I'm thinking the Jets game could be a good opportunity to unleash the passing attack. No doubt they are feeling good about themselves after a last second win. 

• Like 1

After a game where Dan Fouts sounded like a guy who fingers himself while talking about Lamar being inaccurate as a passer or using the sidearm too much, I still think we need to see a game where our passing game is in rhythm and Lamar is able to spread the ball around to different areas of the field.

We could have a better feeling about our passing game if Andrews had pulled in those two deep shots though.

And while our passing game since the Seahawks game has been much more about efficiency rather than volume, I would like us to prove before we go into the playoffs, that we can depend on our passing games to both make the big plays on the outside down the sideline as well as on slants and on seams.

Efficiency is more important than volume, but I have a slight feeling, that we have somewhat reverted to our approach last season where Lamar was forced to execute with his legs rather than it being a result of the defense trying to stop us from passing the ball.

I am not concerned yet, but I feel we need to prove that we can get Snead, Boyle, Boykin, Hurst and Brown more involved.

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

And while our passing game since the Seahawks game has been much more about efficiency rather than volume, I would like us to prove before we go into the playoffs, that we can depend on our passing games to both make the big plays on the outside down the sideline as well as on slants and on seams.

Efficiency is more important than volume, but I have a slight feeling, that we have somewhat reverted to our approach last season where Lamar was forced to execute with his legs rather than it being a result of the defense trying to stop us from passing the ball.

I am not concerned yet, but I feel we need to prove that we can get Snead, Boyle, Boykin, Hurst and Brown more involved.

Agree 100%. I feel like we haven't done as much intermediate routes as we should. The 8-20 chunk plays should be open on play action when teams are selling out on the run like the Bills did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Agree 100%. I feel like we haven't done as much intermediate routes as we should. The 8-20 chunk plays should be open on play action when teams are selling out on the run like the Bills did.

I might be able to watch the all 22 tonight to see, if there was some missed opportunities. In general I don't think this was the best game to make conclusions about the passing game as the Bills defense played really well. I also believe that is why we saw some funky playcalls as Roman tried to find an opening rather than going with our usual formular.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Lamar's passing game has not been quite as sharp the past couple games, for various reasons. 

The Jets are an interesting team in that they suck, but they have a really strong run defense. 

I'm thinking the Jets game could be a good opportunity to unleash the passing attack. No doubt they are feeling good about themselves after a last second win. 

Indeed.

Though that being said, we’ve seen this rushing attack hang what 280 yds on the #1 Rams rush defense (to that point), they hung well over 200 rush yds on the Texans who were top 5 at that point, and so and so forth. I think part of it might be that the Jets are 21st against the pass and so teams rarely look to challenge their rushing defense.

With their pass defense struggles and no apparent weather issues for Thursday, I could see this being a game where we just overwhelm their defense entirely similar to the Texans, Rams, and the Bengals games. If we can overwhelm them with the pass and the outside run, it could open up space inside and if that happens it could be a very big rush performance.