Jump to content
DreamKid

Lamar Jackson QB1

Recommended Posts

According to Pro Football Reference, Lamar Jackson has just completed the greatest season (tied) in NFL history. His 26 AV is the greatest mark ever given and ties 2006 LDT where he had over 2300 total yards and 31 total TDs, breaking the rushing TD mark... while only having two fumbles. These are the only 26 seasons ever listed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_single_season.htm

Just to put it in perspective Brady’s 2007 was provided a 24 AV, Ray Lewis 2000 was provided a 23 AV, and 2018 Patrick Mahomes was given a 22 AV. 

AV = Approximate Value = “Our attempt to attach a single number to every player-season since 1960.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk if Jackson  has what it takes to win it all.... maybe we should trade him for a bunch of picks and completely retool the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, paraven said:

Idk if Jackson  has what it takes to win it all.... maybe we should trade him for a bunch of picks and completely retool the team

Lmaooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paraven said:

Idk if Jackson  has what it takes to win it all.... maybe we should trade him for a bunch of picks and completely retool the team

You're the worst troll in the history of this subforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paraven said:

Idk if Jackson  has what it takes to win it all.... maybe we should trade him for a bunch of picks and completely retool the team

Yeah, this was a weak troll attempt. I expect better from you, PA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly neighborhood Vikings fan stopping by to say that if any fans have a lot of doubt about Lamar, I gotta say....dont lol.

I haven't read though the thread yet so I don't know the vibes here, but my god he's such a special player and if last night was Lamar at his worst, which I feel comfortable saying it was in that neighborhood (I watch as much of the Ravens as I can and adopted them as my AFC team ever since the first time I watched Ed Reed), than y'all are blessed.

He had several moments of brilliance and again is just a special player.

So many analyst and fans are going to spend all off-season spouting bs about him losing this game because he's not a real passer and well...we know why they're saying that.  But truth is he is already further ahead than so many 23 year old QBs who've come before him as a passer, and while of course he has improvements to make so does every young quarterback. Given the strides hes already taken from year 1 to 2, theres no reason to doubt him.

Oh and he's the most dynamic running QB since Vick so good luck nfl defenses for the next 10+ years.

Excited to keep watching him wreak vengeance on all doubters from over here in little Minneapolis.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Friendly neighborhood Vikings fan stopping by to say that if any fans have a lot of doubt about Lamar, I gotta say....dont lol.

I haven't read though the thread yet so I don't know the vibes here, but my god he's such a special player and if last night was Lamar at his worst, which I feel comfortable saying it was in that neighborhood (I watch as much of the Ravens as I can and adopted them as my AFC team ever since the first time I watched Ed Reed), than y'all are blessed.

He had several moments of brilliance and again is just a special player.

So many analyst and fans are going to spend all off-season spouting bs about him losing this game because he's not a real passer and well...we know why they're saying that.  But truth is he is already further ahead than so many 23 year old QBs who've come before him as a passer, and while of course he has improvements to make so does every young quarterback. Given the strides hes already taken from year 1 to 2, theres no reason to doubt him.

Oh and he's the most dynamic running QB since Vick so good luck nfl defenses for the next 10+ years.

Excited to keep watching him wreak vengeance on all doubters from over here in little Minneapolis.

Cheers

Kudos. Saving for the like when I get some more like juice.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurt Warner hasn't jumped off the bandwagon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Kurt Warner hasn't jumped off the bandwagon

 

Nor should he or anyone else. I have to watch the game again once my emotions has settled down. I am still so incredibly disappointed and sad. I can understand why we lost, but I feel this was on us more than the Titans. Not taking anything away from them, they knew when to strike and how to control the game while we panicked, but this year we had all the tools to go all the way.

I felt during the game, that we never decided on a strategy to get back on track, and that we didn't trust in what has worked for us all year. Lamar might have been inaccurate at times, but not more than receivers should be able to catch the football. 

To me he had two bad turnovers which was forced by the Titans/the coaching staff not putting him in a position to succeed (and I really want Boykin to understand he is a 6'4, 210 pound receiver who can attack the ball).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's clear football/schematic related things that we'll need to think about and address this offseason relating to how Tennessee came in here and beat us up - chief among them for me is the quality and reliability of our pass-catchers and ensuring our interior line can hold up next year. But I think maybe even beyond that the thing Lamar may need to take away from this game is a recognition of how to better control his emotions in the game.

It wasn't just on him, and I think Roman and Harbaugh deserve the lion's share of the blame for allowing us to panic and get away from our gameplan so quickly. And maybe this is somewhat contrived/cliche, but I do look at the way Mahomes responded when they were down 24-0 and see lessons that Lamar should learn. Particularly on offense, this is a fairly young team and Lamar is the leader moving forward. I absolutely adore his competitive nature/desperation to win and I think it's a big part of what makes him great and drives him to succeed and improve. But on Saturday when things were starting to go wrong for us I think we needed him to be more even-keeled than he was. We didn't see much of him on the sidelines rallying guys or trying to get them to relax, instead he looked pretty sulky, annoyed, and maybe a little panicked as well because he desperately wanted to win and couldn't believe what was happening. Whether it was the coaches or the QB, we desperately needed guys communicating in a way that got everyone to calm down and try and remember who they are and what got them there, but instead we saw everyon a little too shellshocked. The coaches panicked and abandoned the run and we saw Lamar get a little into hero ball mode feeling like the guys around him were letting him down and feeling like he needed to do it all himself, culminating in those ugly 3rd quarter turnovers. 

There's obviously on-the-field stuff we need to sort out and improve going into next year but compared to the Chargers loss last year I think the lessons we need to learn from this game are as much mental as they are schematic. The reality is on offense, we moved the ball pretty consistently but our situational footaball was just terrible - drops, bad 4th down playcalls and execution, the backbreaking turnovers - and that will kill you in a one game sample size. For Lamar this is just a part of t he maturation process - he's going to need to continue to grow on-the-field as well but I'm hoping this also the sort of experience that helps him focus on how he can be a better leader as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drd23 said:

Kurt Warner hasn't jumped off the bandwagon

 

Kurt has always been in Lamar's camp. Helped him early on when he was questioning aspects of his own mechanics. IIRC it was regarding his grip on the ball when throwing, and Kurt advised him to just stick with what has made him comfortable throughout the years. Warner knows what it's like to be doubted/written off and it's cool to see how much he has respected Lamar. Can't say the same for some other legends of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

There's clear football/schematic related things that we'll need to think about and address this offseason relating to how Tennessee came in here and beat us up - chief among them for me is the quality and reliability of our pass-catchers and ensuring our interior line can hold up next year. But I think maybe even beyond that the thing Lamar may need to take away from this game is a recognition of how to better control his emotions in the game.

It wasn't just on him, and I think Roman and Harbaugh deserve the lion's share of the blame for allowing us to panic and get away from our gameplan so quickly. And maybe this is somewhat contrived/cliche, but I do look at the way Mahomes responded when they were down 24-0 and see lessons that Lamar should learn. Particularly on offense, this is a fairly young team and Lamar is the leader moving forward. I absolutely adore his competitive nature/desperation to win and I think it's a big part of what makes him great and drives him to succeed and improve. But on Saturday when things were starting to go wrong for us I think we needed him to be more even-keeled than he was. We didn't see much of him on the sidelines rallying guys or trying to get them to relax, instead he looked pretty sulky, annoyed, and maybe a little panicked as well because he desperately wanted to win and couldn't believe what was happening. Whether it was the coaches or the QB, we desperately needed guys communicating in a way that got everyone to calm down and try and remember who they are and what got them there, but instead we saw everyon a little too shellshocked. The coaches panicked and abandoned the run and we saw Lamar get a little into hero ball mode feeling like the guys around him were letting him down and feeling like he needed to do it all himself, culminating in those ugly 3rd quarter turnovers. 

There's obviously on-the-field stuff we need to sort out and improve going into next year but compared to the Chargers loss last year I think the lessons we need to learn from this game are as much mental as they are schematic. The reality is on offense, we moved the ball pretty consistently but our situational footaball was just terrible - drops, bad 4th down playcalls and execution, the backbreaking turnovers - and that will kill you in a one game sample size. For Lamar this is just a part of t he maturation process - he's going to need to continue to grow on-the-field as well but I'm hoping this also the sort of experience that helps him focus on how he can be a better leader as well. 

I will add to this though that it doesn’t have to be Lamar, but it’s best if it’s him as he’s likely to be the guy to get the big bucks. But with Flacco he had a tough time getting “fired up to rev up the team” with Lamar it’s the opposite. With Flacco we needy fiery guys like Boldin and SSSr to ignite the offensive energy. Ingram has largely been the leader of this offense and him going down probably had a small field impact, but more of a great impact in the leadership aspect. He was moreso worried about making sure he could be healthy enough to play than to be the engine to this squad... which isn’t a fault at him but a fault at the dearth of leadership elsewhere on the offense. Ray got to intern under Rod, Ed under Ray, Suggs/Ngata under Ray/Ed. Lamar is going to need more veteran leadership on offense. We’ve got Ingram and Yanda and that’s basically it, maybe James Hurst.

If we can add that calming presence that can be that guiding light as you say then that’s exactly what Lamar can see and pull from in his development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who bashes Lamars performance are literally just trolling. We have nothing to worry about based on that game besides coaches didn't seem to ever get a grasp on the game and panick too soon.

 In the best case, Lamar has at least two touchdowns to Roberts and Hurst baring an unlikely recovery by the defense, and he completes 38 of 59 passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×