Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

Whelp looks like Lamar has that AFC player of the week award wrapped up now. He’s getting more pub than Josh Allen, is considered the MVP front runner, and defeated the more impressive opponent.

Mahome’s didn’t have a game breaking performance today, so this is wrapped up. He’s won the award almost what half the time now? Pretty impressive. Throw in the offensive records and accolades... if things hold true, no way he’s not the MVP.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Whelp looks like Lamar has that AFC player of the week award wrapped up now. He’s getting more pub than Josh Allen, is considered the MVP front runner, and defeated the more impressive opponent.

Mahome’s didn’t have a game breaking performance today, so this is wrapped up. He’s won the award almost what half the time now? Pretty impressive. Throw in the offensive records and accolades... if things hold true, no way he’s not the MVP.

If he comes out and lights up MNF football next week, he could really get closer to sealing it. 2 primetime hype games go a long way as ridiculous as it sounds. 

The fact that he's even in the MVP conversation is still pretty awesome. I admittedly didn't foresee this kind of season. It's a great time to be a fan right now. He's such a humble dude too. 

So on the Lamar for MVP train. I haven’t yet finished the research on football outsiders, but so far I’m looking up the scoring efficiency of the offenses of the former MVPs from 1994 (when Football Outsiders began tracking info) until now to see if an MVP ever came from an offensive player whose offense was outside the top 3-5 offenses in the NFL that year. Also had it ever happened for a QB.

Why am I doing that you ask? Well the answer is obvious. Currently Russell Wilson’s Seahawks have the 7th best offensive scoring efficiency in the NFL. Currently the Ravens offense is sitting at 57.3% scoring efficiency which is the highest in the last 25 years of NFL history... which basically means NFL history obviously. The only offenses above 55% are 2018 Saints, 2007 Patriots, 2018 Chiefs, 2016 Falcons.

The Saints are the current record holder at 56.2% scoring. Hopefully that Tucker miss and that fake field goal try doesn’t come back to bite us come the end of the season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28114846/why-lamar-jackson-john-harbaugh-needed-other-football-needed-together

Loved this piece on the Harbaugh/Lamar relationship. I've been guilty of this myself in regards to Harbaugh, but it's so easy to get lost in the discussion around X's and O's and systems and schemes and all of that and get worried that Harbs doesn't really measure up. But in Lamar's rise you see all of the things that make Harbaugh a great coach - the way he's approached this challenge with curiosity, humility, empathy, and above all a true problem-solving nature. He truly is a coach who's genius is built on his soft skills and it's really remarkable to see how those leadership traits all combined to create the perfect environment for Lamar. 

Also, super interesting to hear how directly the Chargers playoff game plays in Lamar's mind. 

"John was close to Joe too," Harbaugh's wife, Ingrid, said Sunday in a quiet moment in back of the winning team's locker room. "But it's just a different level with Lamar."

At that pro day, Harris said only one NFL assistant engaged him in an extended and meaningful conversation -- Ravens quarterbacks coach James Urban, who informed Harris he was the Philadelphia Eagles position coach when Michael Vick, Jackson's childhood idol, was their starter.

"So I was like, 'Wow, they already know how to use Lamar,'" Harris said. "That intrigued me. After that day, my leader in the clubhouse was the Ravens. ... Other organizations might have tried to mold Lamar into what they wanted him to be."

"Coach Harbaugh showed he was all-in [during that playoff game], and Lamar loved that," said Harris, Jackson's personal tutor. "Lamar's biggest thing is loyalty, and he loves to see his loyalty reciprocated.

"The greatest thing I've seen from Coach Harbaugh is he's bought into who Lamar is. Any time I talk to Lamar about him, he talks about him in an endearing way. He's Harbs. He's a person Lamar feels has his back."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28114846/why-lamar-jackson-john-harbaugh-needed-other-football-needed-together

Loved this piece on the Harbaugh/Lamar relationship. I've been guilty of this myself in regards to Harbaugh, but it's so easy to get lost in the discussion around X's and O's and systems and schemes and all of that and get worried that Harbs doesn't really measure up. But in Lamar's rise you see all of the things that make Harbaugh a great coach - the way he's approached this challenge with curiosity, humility, empathy, and above all a true problem-solving nature. He truly is a coach who's genius is built on his soft skills and it's really remarkable to see how those leadership traits all combined to create the perfect environment for Lamar. 

Also, super interesting to hear how directly the Chargers playoff game plays in Lamar's mind. 

Bro, those last two lines gave me chills....

The scary part for all those AFC teams that have been waiting and waiting for Brady and Belichick to finally retire?

Jackson and Harbaugh are just getting started.

Great article.

• Like 1

This dude really went out there and threw 5 touchdown passes on Monday Night Football against the defending NFC Champs on the road, and then came into his postgame press conference to talk about putting a ball ever so slightly behind Hollywood on a pass to the end zone that Hollywood probably should have still caught, on a drive where he literally threw a touchdown on the next damn play.

He really wants it. There's a difference between coachspeak/athletespeak and just having that greatness gene. You can see it in Lamar, how he's just wired differently. Dude has it.