Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

Haven’t seen this mentioned, apologies if I missed it. 

Lamar is currently #6 in Ravens history re: rushing yards. He’s less than 300 yards from cracking the top-5 (overtaking Justin Forsett). Barring injury, it’s very feasible that he could be #3 by the end of next season. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Well, we knew this was coming. At least he's aware of it.

Yeah it was always inevitable. Still though on the heels of this, it does not fill me with hope to now walk into a game on short rest against scumbag Gregg Williams (who literally talked this week about how Lamar has to 'run less') and scumbag Adam Gase (who went to bat for Kiko Alonso after he headhunted Flacco a couple of years back...) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Yeah it was always inevitable. Still though on the heels of this, it does not fill me with hope to now walk into a game on short rest against scumbag Gregg Williams (who literally talked this week about how Lamar has to 'run less') and scumbag Adam Gase (who went to bat for Kiko Alonso after he headhunted Flacco a couple of years back...)

Yea, Gregg Williams has been exorcising his inadequacy demons for decades through directed play of superior men/athletes. I really think going forward our best answer for creatures like him and the other malignant players/coaches in the league is bringing in monsters of our own- on defense especially. The opposition has to feel like there will be damning repercussions for a 'dirty/targeting' approach. Which isn't to say the organization already doesn't pride themselves on bringing in hyper physical, alpha mentality, and generally hardened players. There's an element beyond that though, and unfortunately we may need to invest in it.

For example: Dont'a Hightower or Chris Jones aren't going to be tempted to give Lamar any 'extra' service, if they know next time Brady or Mahomes gets the ball we could have someone like Brandon Williams implode their shoulder ala Siragusa-Gannon. It's dark territory to venture into, but that's where we're at. 

Here's Alonso targeting another QB. 

22 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I'm at the point where I think I'd take a non lethal bullet for Lamar.

He's really that good. I just can't believe it. We all knew he was better than whatever the jamokes were saying all offseason after the Chargers game. But everything he's done is basically what we all fantasized about what was possible before reminding ourselves to be realistic. Craziest thing is that hopefully this really is just the start for him. 

• Like 1

Another milestone of note for Lamar. Throwing for 5 TD passes three times has only have been done two other times in NFL history. Peyton Manning has the record with 4 five TD pass games in NFL history during his 2004 campaign.

The other time was Drew Brees who accomplished the five TD mark 3x during his 2011 near MVP campaign (when he loss to Rodgers).

Lamar is in great company.

2,889 passing yards, 66.2 completion percentage, 7.8 YPA, 33 TD's 6 INT's

1,103 rushing yards, 6.9 YPC, 7 TD's, 1 fumble lost

3,992 total yards, 7.5 yards per play, 40 TD's, 7 turnovers

With 2 games to go. And he's basically missed just over a game total so far just from 4th quarter blowout benchings. Just insane stuff. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp