Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

The Ravens apparently have 90% vaccination rate, which would mean 81 of the 90 on the roster are vaccinated.  That 2 of the other 9 have now gotten COVID and are going to have to sit out a significant chunk of time should tell the remaining unvaccinated players a lot

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

The Ravens apparently have 90% vaccination rate, which would mean 81 of the 90 on the roster are vaccinated.  That 2 of the other 9 have now gotten COVID and are going to have to sit out a significant chunk of time should tell the remaining unvaccinated players a lot

It also says a lot that one of the 9 players not vaccinated is our most important player.

This is so frustrating. This is the first time I've been disappointed in Lamar. How is he supposed to lead this team when he isn't willing to get a vaccine when 90% or more of his teammates got one? Can he really be relied upon when, at any point in the season, he has to miss 2 weeks because of a personal choice he made? A choice that 90% of his teammates made that make the team more cohesive? 

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

This is so frustrating. This is the first time I've been disappointed in Lamar. How is he supposed to lead this team when he isn't willing to get a vaccine when 90% or more of his teammates got one? Can he really be relied upon when, at any point in the season, he has to miss 2 weeks because of a personal choice he made? A choice that 90% of his teammates made that make the team more cohesive? 

I don't think this is fair. Lamar is a great kid who inspires love and loyalty from all of his teammates, consistently delivers impact play, is active in the community, and above all else- wins. A transformative player/person.

Question his decision making on this issue all you want, but let's not transmute this one situation into some larger damning appraisal of his ultimate value to this club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think this is fair. Lamar is a great kid who inspires love and loyalty from all of his teammates, consistently delivers impact play, is active in the community, and above all else- wins. A transformative player/person.

Agree with everything here.

Question his decision making on this issue all you want, but let's not transmute this one situation into some larger damning appraisal of his ultimate value to this club.

I'm just saying if he ends up getting COVID again and misses a playoff game, that would definitely affect his value. If I were a vet like Campbell, who has maybe 1 or 2 years left in his career, I'd be pretty pissed if the season ends because of this decision. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Without this turning into a vaccine debate, I don’t think it’s fair to judge him based off of his own personal decision. I have a close friend who plays MLB for Nationals and their recent outbreak of COVID was all coaches and players who have the vaccine. 11/12 to be exact are vaccinated. The league is unfair at this decision, because we operated fine last season. I do agree with the idea of giving out a forfeit if unable to play the match. Just punishing players for a personal choice is unfair. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Without this turning into a vaccine debate, I don’t think it’s fair to judge him based off of his own personal decision. I have a close friend who plays MLB for Nationals and their recent outbreak of COVID was all coaches and players who have the vaccine. 11/12 to be exact are vaccinated. The league is unfair at this decision, because we operated fine last season. I do agree with the idea of giving out a forfeit if unable to play the match. Just punishing players for a personal choice is unfair. 

We know that breakthrough cases exist but for the most part even when vaccinated people do test positive, their symptoms are either mild or non-existent (as happened with the Nationals breakout). And as far as this relates to football, a vaccinated player who tests positive is going to be able to get on the field a lot sooner than Lamar will since he has to wait the full 2 weeks no matter what. As a player you can either do everything you can to set yourself up to both stay on the field and protect your teammates or you don't, and Lamar as a leader of this team did not. Idiotic from both a public health and football perspective. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

Did you always get a flu shot too? 

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

We know that breakthrough cases exist but for the most part even when vaccinated people do test positive, their symptoms are either mild or non-existent (as happened with the Nationals breakout). And as far as this relates to football, a vaccinated player who tests positive is going to be able to get on the field a lot sooner than Lamar will since he has to wait the full 2 weeks no matter what. As a player you can either do everything you can to set yourself up to both stay on the field and protect your teammates or you don't, and Lamar as a leader of this team did not. Idiotic from both a public health and football perspective. 

Sounds like a Karen standpoint 

CDC has walked back on the information delivered around this vaccine it’s comical. Before it was take the shot or end up in a hospital. I know people who went to the hospital and had the shot.

Now it’s take the vaccine to limit the spread to people around you…

“so if I get the shot, I won’t spread it?”
CDC “no, but you have a lower chance of spreading it” 

“How much lower?”  
CDC “We’re not exactly sure”

I won’t keep going, but nothing is proven from this vaccine what so ever. You get choices in your own life. I get my own choices. Lamar has his own. Just respect the choice and move on. Because everything you’re using as reasons how he could screw the Ravens is all hypothetical at this point 

• Like 1

When in doubt, randomly put the word 'Karen' into a post to make it seem edgy. 

I'm sorry it's too difficult to accept that a brand new disease means occasionally having to take in new information but 'it's my personal choice' only goes so far when those dumb choices are forcing the rest of us to coddle and put the whole world on hold for them because they've never been told no before and are caught up in their feelings over the idea that having Youtube account doesn't make them an expert on every issue under the sun. 

15 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Because everything you’re using as reasons how he could screw the Ravens is all hypothetical at this point 

Lmao he's literally sidelined right now because of he went down the idiot path on this but ok.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

55 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Did you always get a flu shot too? 

Sounds like a Karen standpoint 

CDC has walked back on the information delivered around this vaccine it’s comical. Before it was take the shot or end up in a hospital. I know people who went to the hospital and had the shot.

Now it’s take the vaccine to limit the spread to people around you…

“so if I get the shot, I won’t spread it?”
CDC “no, but you have a lower chance of spreading it” 

“How much lower?”  
CDC “We’re not exactly sure”

I won’t keep going, but nothing is proven from this vaccine what so ever. You get choices in your own life. I get my own choices. Lamar has his own. Just respect the choice and move on. Because everything you’re using as reasons how he could screw the Ravens is all hypothetical at this point 

I don't care what the CDC says, I care what the NFL says. And based on the NFL policy, a vaccinated player can come back much quicker than a non-vaccinated player. 

• Like 1

Let's keep it to football related COVID takes guys. Anything else will just lead down a bad path. Sucks Lamar and Gus are out, but in general the team is doing well with the staff and players. Hopefully both players return to us hiccup free and this issue doesn't pop up again later. 

The pandemic has forced evolution in communication for teams and their players, so on the bright side Lamar is still highly plugged in virtually as we wait for him to be fully cleared. 

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

When in doubt, randomly put the word 'Karen' into a post to make it seem edgy. 

I'm sorry it's too difficult to accept that a brand new disease means occasionally having to take in new information but 'it's my personal choice' only goes so far when those dumb choices are forcing the rest of us to coddle and put the whole world on hold for them because they've never been told no before and are caught up in their feelings over the idea that having Youtube account doesn't make them an expert on every issue under the sun. 

Lmao he's literally sidelined right now because of he went down the idiot path on this but ok.

i’m beginning to feel like I’m talking to an uneducated wall. Basically your argument is, if Lamar had the vaccine and still got Covid it would be acceptable because the timeframe is less for him to return. 

Now that he got Covid and is unvaccinated, he is a complete idiot. Very logical. I fully understand where you’re coming from 

You only care about the timeframe that he has to miss. Got it. Gladly end this on that note

Back to training camp 

59 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Let's keep it to football related COVID takes guys. Anything else will just lead down a bad path. Sucks Lamar and Gus are out, but in general the team is doing well with the staff and players. Hopefully both players return to us hiccup free and this issue doesn't pop up again later. 

The pandemic has forced evolution in communication for teams and their players, so on the bright side Lamar is still highly plugged in virtually as we wait for him to be fully cleared. 

All accounts are that both Huntley and McSorley are playing very well so far. I wonder if we’re gonna be forced to keep 3 on the active roster or if we’re gonna put 1 of them on the PS and hope and pray no one pounces.

Curious to see what Ty’Son Williams does with Gus out too. Feels like a name we’ve all heard but none of us has ever actually seen him in a Ravens uniform haha

• Like 1