Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

Lamar’s freedom to make decisions about his long term health is bigger than football. 

That’s the nice way to put it. The not so nice way to put it is that Lamar carries this team on his back and if not for him, some people would have been out of their jobs a while ago. So whatever he wants to do, they need to find a way to be okay with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

All accounts are that both Huntley and McSorley are playing very well so far. I wonder if we’re gonna be forced to keep 3 on the active roster or if we’re gonna put 1 of them on the PS and hope and pray no one pounces.

Preseason play will probably determine a lot on that front. I was pretty confident in us just rolling with 2 QBs this year, but with Covid uncertainty looming and possible progression from one of McSorley/Hunt- who knows?

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lamar’s freedom to make decisions about his long term health is bigger than football. 

That’s the nice way to put it. The not so nice way to put it is that Lamar carries this team on his back and if not for him, some people would have been out of their jobs a while ago. So whatever he wants to do, they need to find a way to be okay with it.

And likewise, Lamar's best chance to win a Super Bowl will be during his rookie contract. So if he gets COVID before a playoff game or Super Bowl, hopefully he'll be fine throwing away that opportunity. Hopefully his teammates won't mind as well. 

Edited by AngusMcFife

13 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

So now that Allen got wild contract, does that mean Lamar should be looking for 300 milly and 180 guaranteed?

Lamar doesn’t have an agent, I’m hoping as opposed to paying an agent 15% of a $43m deal, the Ravens can convince Lamar to go long term deal with nice guarantees, but at a more team friendly cap, something closer to the Dak and Watson extensions we saw. He’d still profit more from such a deal than Allen would off his deal when the agent cut is removed from the equation.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Lamar doesn’t have an agent, I’m hoping as opposed to paying an agent 15% of a $43m deal, the Ravens can convince Lamar to go long term deal with nice guarantees, but at a more team friendly cap, something closer to the Dak and Watson extensions we saw. He’d still profit more from such a deal than Allen would off his deal when the agent cut is removed from the equation.

I was surprised to find out NFL agents are limited to 3% commission on player  salaries. It really makes little sense for Lamar to be doing this without an agent. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, jpeter15 said:

I was surprised to find out NFL agents are limited to 3% commission on player  salaries. It really makes little sense for Lamar to be doing this without an agent. 

I didn’t know that was a thing. That’s much lower than anticipated. Well throw everything I just said out the door then. Good find. 

• 4 weeks later...

Did y'all notice anything different in Lamar's mechanics in our brief glimpse of him vs WFT? I thought that pass to Andrews outside the numbers was really crisp, and that deep sideline pass probably would have been hauled in by our better WRs (Brown, Watkins, Bateman). 

For me, this year is a great litmus test to see how much Lamar can improve his outside-the-numbers deep balls. I'm optimistic based on a very small sample size. 

• Like 1