Jump to content

Lamar Jackson QB1


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

*Vinny Cerrato voice* Well ya know BOB back when I was at Notre Dame

Meant to post this a while ago. Stray observation/random thought.

Was listening to the Fan during a short car trip (didn't put on a podcast or something else) and caught Vinnie saying something to the effect of, "I was watching Davonta Smith the other night for the Eagles, that move he made after the catch, I need to see [Tylan Wallace] do something like that to show me that he belongs on this roster"

Like, OK, you need to see him play like the #10 overall pick to justify his roster spot as a 4th rounder? Seems like a bit of an unfair standard.

He's always saying obnoxious stuff like that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

 

Considering the 17 games, I’d imagine this record and the fastest to beat every team league wide will be records that become easier to hit for elite QBs in the future.

They’ll still need to be like Lamar and Mahomes where they are league disrupters from the onset of their career to be able to be in range of such a record however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This stat is extra funny after MNF this past week.

Let me know when Philly has a historic running game and Hurts wins a unanimous MVP. 

I truly am sick and tired of Lamar constantly getting criticized and compared to other quarterbacks when it's obvious he is nothing like any other quarterback in the league. Why is it so hard to just sit back and enjoy his talent?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Let me know when Philly has a historic running game and Hurts wins a unanimous MVP. 

I truly am sick and tired of Lamar constantly getting criticized and compared to other quarterbacks when it's obvious he is nothing like any other quarterback in the league. Why is it so hard to just sit back and enjoy his talent?

Idk what it is with certain media entities that they feel they truly need to diminish everything Lamar does and pretend like every running QB is Lamar Jackson when that is just simply not the case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk what it is with certain media entities that they feel they truly need to diminish everything Lamar does and pretend like every running QB is Lamar Jackson when that is just simply not the case.

Absolutely, I have seen a few media types come around on Lamar recently and realizing that without him this team would be a complete disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

SO GOOD!! 

https://deadspin.com/lamar-jackson-s-first-1000-passes-mark-nfl-s-greatest-q-1847771814/

 

🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

Only thing I would have issue with there is that if they are looking to include Lamar’s rushing TDs then they have to include his fumbles lost as well to make it all fair.

It would be unfair to claim Lamar has 90+ TDs to 20 INTs vs to ~30 TOs (or whatever it might be). He’d still be setting the pace though, I’m sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

It would be unfair to claim Lamar has 90+ TDs to 20 INTs vs to ~30 TOs (or whatever it might be). He’d still be setting the pace though, I’m sure.

I don't know if it's unfair. Jackson isn't a major outlier when it comes to fumbles. Plenty of QBs who run a lot less fumble about as much as he does, and likely recover it at a far lower clip. So switching it to turnovers might make him look even better. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't know if it's unfair. Jackson isn't a major outlier when it comes to fumbles. Plenty of QBs who run a lot less fumble about as much as he does, and likely recover it at a far lower clip. So switching it to turnovers might make him look even better. 

My goal wasn’t to sound counter to Lamar. Rather fair to the other members within the elite category. Lamar isn’t fumbling at a Daniel Jones rate or anything, but I’m sure his fumbles lost would be higher than Mahomes and possibly higher than Marino, Warner. I know Lamar has typically been in the top 5-10 players with regard to fumbles lost in the NFL, except for in 2019 (14th).

I’m simply saying if a new stat is to be created that can better quantify the overall impact a dual threat QB has on the overall team, I think it should start off with the correct inputs. So we’re talking all TDs so then fair would be all TOs.

I’d also for example be interested in how TOP might influence the field impact and thus I’d be curious if there’s a way to implement that into a QB metric.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...