Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

6 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Unfortunately the season isn't only 8 games long. He was straight bad to end the season. Somewhere around 40-44M a year for 4 years. 

Yeah, he was definitely bad during the second half before the injury. Even with that said, it hard for me to just say he completely regressed when even though only half a season, was playing out his mind in the beginning and more than a sample size.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's very reasonable to say he has regressed, especially if we think his MVP season was an attainable and repeatable season and not just an outlier.

Not only do I think he's regressed on his passing abilities/footwork/decision making, I think he's already starting to lose speed/acceleration as well. However, time will tell if the latter was just a result of him being injured or actually starting to lose that ability already.

I do believe he's regressed in speed and acceleration or he was hurt and didn't tell anymore. I'd be very surprised if he loss that much juice at the tender age of 25, but he definitely wasn't Usain Bolt like MVP season. If I'm the Ravens and Lamar, I'd bet on myself like the Joe Flacco deal and go from there. With the franchise tag, the Ravens theoretically have him for another 2 years. If EDC and Pat clean up the cap, of course.

• 6 months later...

Mahomes is such a clown, he's gone through nothing compared to Lamar. Year 2 for him the media was fawning over his no look passes and talking about how he'd dominate the league for the next 15 years. Year 5 for Lamar and the media is still circulating anonymous reports of coaches saying he shouldn't start at QB for the Ravens.

Patrick Mahomes hasn't had to prove anything in years. There's literally a DC on record saying Lamar could win 12 MVP's and still not be QB1.

It's not even a comparison.

Oh, and Kyler sucks. Of course he has to prove himself, everyone saw the stinker he put up against the Rams. That was the worst QB play in a playoff game I've ever watched for someone who was supposed to be good.

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

That was an absolutely AWFUL Ronnie Stanley game. Pretty sure he was responsible for 2 sacks as well where he just fell/stopped blocking his guy. The game before was a great game that made me think he was back to being a blue chip left tackle. No clue what to expect, but I definitely don't view him as a blue chip on this team anymore.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No clue what to expect, but I definitely don't view him as a blue chip on this team anymore.

His contract starts to become manageable after this year, and I think a smart decision would be to find a replacement LT and start transitioning Stanley to LG on a new deal after 24'. Unless he decides that he's done with football.

Next year's class is loaded with OT talent, and if doesn't look like Faalele can hold down RT we should probably double dip. 

• Like 4

It was questionable at the time and with the benefit of hindsight now, basically fireable offenses, but I will forever be grateful for the seeming collective brain fog that NFL orgs went through this offseason that led them to conclude that QB's like Desmond Ridder, Daniel Jones, Jimmy Garrappalo, Mac Jones, and Brock Purdy were good enough to warrant not even having a conversation with Lamar Jackson.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

It was questionable at the time and with the benefit of hindsight now, basically fireable offenses, but I will forever be grateful for the seeming collective brain fog that NFL orgs went through this offseason that led them to conclude that QB's like Desmond Ridder, Daniel Jones, Jimmy Garrappalo, Mac Jones, and Brock Purdy were good enough to warrant not even having a conversation with Lamar Jackson.  

Don't forget Derek Carr!

Yeah. Those franchises should have to answer those questions for years to come and explain to fans why they chose to roll with/pay those players rather than trade for Lamar Jackson. And if the answer truly is "The Ravens were never trading him, it was all smoke and mirrors" then that's fine, but I don't think it was.

Obviously a great catch by Bateman, but check out how Lamar throws the split second Rashod sits down and leads it away from the first two defenders allowing his WR to make a play with 3 bodies around him.

No panic, goes through his progressions, and delivers a decisive throw.

There's no doubt the contract stuff was hanging over Lamar's head last season and now that it's over he's back to his pocket zen grind. Clean up the TOs and he could have a shot at another MVP.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Obviously a great catch by Bateman, but check out how Lamar throws the split second Rashod sits down and leads it away from the first two defenders allowing his WR to make a play with 3 bodies around him.

There's no doubt the contract stuff was hanging over Lamar's head last season and now that it's over he's back to his pocket zen grind. Clean up the TOs and he could have a shot at another MVP.

Night and day from last year. Been really awesome to see

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Hey mike, how is everything?

So far, definitely. 2014 was really tough from what I remember, and so was 2011, but this year could end up taking the cake.

Going good just wish we had sold out on defense when we put 45 plus on Pittsburgh in the playoffs. 

Would love to see are hole division have absolute beasts for defenses

On 11/6/2023 at 10:53 PM, DreamKid said:

Another awesome link up between Lamar and Rashod, that connection seems to be getting stronger-