Lamar Jackson QB1

DreamKid

On 10/10/2019 at 9:19 AM, M.10.E said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZdY6Rx-qSI

Breakdown of Lamar vs Steelers.

To put it short: he looked extremely gun-shy.

I disagree with several things in that breakdown. I get and agree with the point the point that there were opportunities for Lamar to stay in the pocket and couple open throws he could have made. But, some of those individual play breakdowns were highly questionable and would have resulted in either a sack or a chance at a pick if the throw was attempted. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a completely different look from the guy in interviews is calm and collected. I like it.

If he can be wired up like that and still channel it into something positive without being reckless, then it is a great mental mindset to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

So weird that this bothers some people. I love it. 

When Rivers does it, people love it because it shows his fire.

There is a constant bias against Lamar. It is clear when I hear podcasts from people, that either haven't watched the game and use box score scouting or just want him to be the running quarterback. The latest game against the Seahawks is a great example, where several have pointed towards him not having a good passing game and then referring to his 9 of 20 completion rate. IF someone is going to make that argument, then they at least have to point out how many drops our receivers had in that game - otherwise I can't respect the take/analysis.

Now, Jackson isn't the only one who have to deal with ****. After the New England - Jets game I have heard way to many criticise Sam Darnold for saying "I am seeing ghosts". It just makes so little sense to knock Darnold for that one. At worst, it is a positive that he reckognizes what happened.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No Trubiski though! Must mean Trubiski > Lamar.

As well as Rosen. Let’s not ever forget that was the first Lamar thread of 2019. That thread is the proof of just how much people underestimated Lamar no much how they try and change that narrative.

Then it went to what? Trubisky. Then Kyler? Then the Baker thread got gold digged back to the forefront (along with like a million others).

• Like 1