Power Rankings and MVP Race Thread (final)

RandyMossIsBoss

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

1. New England Patriots

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Green Bay Packers

5. Minnesota Vikings

6. Houston Texans

7. Los Angeles Rams

8. Baltimore Ravens

9. Seattle Seahawks

10. Kansas City Chiefs

11. Dallas Cowboys

12. Indianapolis Colts

13. Philadelphia Eagles

14. Detroit Lions

15. Buffalo Bills

16. Carolina Panthers

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

18. Oakland Raiders

19. Tennessee Titans

20. Jacksonville Jaguars

21. Cleveland Browns

22. Chicago Bears

23. Arizona Cardinals

24. LA Chargers

25. Denver Broncos

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

27. New York Giants

28. New York Jets

29. Washington Redskins

30. Atlanta Falcons

31. Cincinnati Bengals

32. Miami Dolphins

MVP race:

1. Russell Wilson

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Deshaun Watson

4. Lamar Jackson

5. Dalvin Cook 

I don’t mind putting the Texans ahead of the Colts but not 6 spots better lol.

I refuse that Minshew-mania is going to end this soon. Like Tebow-mania...this party is going to continue. The Jags will do something like win 2 of the next 3, and they'll be in the thick of it when it comes to the division race. Nick Foles might get in there for a little bit, but he'll get hurt again because the Jags OL sucks and can't protect anything. Minshew gets back in there and the magic continues and he leads them winning the division. 

22 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
  1. Patriots 8-0 (--) probably should be in own tier
  2. 49ers 7-0 (--  
  3. Saints 7-1 (-- 
  4. Packers 7-1 (--) 
  5. Vikings 6-2  (--)  
  6. Ravens 5-2 (--)
  7. Seahawks 6-2 (--) 
  8. Colts 5-2 (--) 
  9. Texans 5-3 (↑ 1) 
  10. Rams 5-3 (↑ 1) 
  11. Chiefs 5-3 (↓ 3still put up good fight against top tier GB squad despite myriad of injuries, including the MVP.

I may be biased here, but I honestly feel like KC's loss without Mahomes was a more impressive showing than some of the wins of the 3 teams you moved ahead of us (Indy, Houston, LAR.) I'm not sure I take issue with you having them ahead of us as much as it seems odd that this past week was the reason for moving them ahead of us. So if they had already been ahead of us, no biggie, just don't see the reason for the timing of the movement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I may be biased here, but I honestly feel like KC's loss without Mahomes was a more impressive showing than some of the wins of the 3 teams you moved ahead of us (Indy, Houston, LAR.) I'm not sure I take issue with you having them ahead of us as much as it seems odd that this past week was the reason for moving them ahead of us. So if they had already been ahead of us, no biggie, just don't see the reason for the timing of the movement.

I had them all pretty close, and w/ the Chiefs who were kind of in an odd place where I decided not to prematurely drop them just for losing Mahomes (which I did w/ the Saints), but wasn't necessarily feeling their ranking either. I agree it was a "good" loss, but for these I will generally still value the Ws more than the good Ls unless we are talking barley beating a bottom tier team. 

On 10/29/2019 at 4:59 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

@RandyMossIsBoss re: Brady. Is this due to his performances or is it more because previous high candidates (CMC for example) have dropped off slightly?

I had him at 3 the week before and while he didn't play great, he was good, and I don't think anybody below him played enough to jump him. Brady's #s aren't really doing him justice this year, the TD throws are low which tanks stuff like passer rating but at the end of the day he is getting his team downfield as much as anyone else and I believe Pats are #1 in points even if you take away the defensive pts (granted, the great D is certainly setting up some great field position). 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I had him at 3 the week before and while he didn't play great, he was good, and I don't think anybody below him played enough to jump him. Brady's #s aren't really doing him justice this year, the TD throws are low which tanks stuff like passer rating but at the end of the day he is getting his team downfield as much as anyone else and I believe Pats are #1 in points even if you take away the defensive pts (granted, the great D is certainly setting up some great field position). 

Numbers certainly down, but also, so is the talent and continuity around him. He's doing well, I agree.

AFC East (Pretty easy. One great team, one middle of the pack and two crap ones) - No change
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

Patriots

AFC North (In another division, I'd consider moving down both the Browns and Ravens a notch but someone needs to make the playoffs so here we are) - Browns downgraded
Bengals 
Browns v
Ravens
Steelers

AFC South (Four competent teams with issues that needs to be ironed out to take another step, will be an interesting division to follow) - No change
Colts
Jaguars
Texans
Titans

AFC West (Look at all them colors!) - Broncos and Chargers going down, Raiders upgraded. I still believe in the Chiefs with Mahomes coming back
Broncos v
Chargers v
Chiefs
Raiders ^

NFC East (Two possible contenders, two crap teams) - No change
Cowboys
Eagles

Giants
Redskins

NFC North (Probably the division with the highest overall quality)  - Bears going down, Vikings up
Bears v
Lions
Packers
Vikings ^

NFC South (Lots of colors again!) - No change
Buccaneers
Falcons
Panthers
Saints

NFC West (Ranking is tight between the top three teams with the Cardinals a fair bit behind) - 49ers with the bump, nothing else changed
Cardinals
49ers ^
Rams
Seahawks

MVP (Not how I believe the voting would go today, rather how I rate their chances of grabbing the award)
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Patrick Mahomes (depending on when he comes back)
3. Tom Brady
4. Russell Wilson
5. DeShaun Watson

We all pretty much know that it's going to be a QB, otherwise I'd have McCaffrey on there at #3 or #4 and Michael Thomas as a potential candidate as well.   

• Like 2

1. Patriots 8-0 (--) 
  2. 49ers 7-0 (--  I wouldn't have a problem them being 1
  3. Saints 7-1 (-- 
  4. Packers 7-1 (--) separating GB from the above tier because I believe I was overrating their D. It does not match up to the three above
  5. Vikings 6-2  (^3)  
  6. Ravens 5-2 (^5)
  7. Chiefs 5-3 (v2) will be expecting them back in top 3 soon
  8. Seahawks 6-2 (v1) 
  9. Texans 5-3 (v2) 
  10. Rams 5-3 (^3) We may be sleeping on them
  11. Colts (^1
Edited by Hunter2_1

Tightened up the top tiers a bit. Remember, 1st tier is meant to represent SB favorites, 2nd tier is the SB contenders. I think we've got a pretty clear picture atm.

1. 49ers 8-0 (↑ 1)   
  2. Patriots 8-1 (↓ 1)
  3. Saints 7-1 (-- 
  4. Ravens 6-2 (↑ 2)
  5. Packers 7-2 (↓ 1)
  6. Seahawks 7-2 (↑ 1)
  7. Chiefs 6-3 (↑ 4)  Great win, but more importantly about to get the defending MVP back.
  8. Vikings 6-3  (↓ 3
  9. Texans 6-3 (--) 
  10. Rams 5-3 (--) 
  11. Colts 5-3 (↓ 3) 
  12. Cowboys 5-3 (--) 
  13. Eagles 5-4 (↑ 1) 
  14. Bills 6-2 (↑ 1)
  15. Panthers 5-3 (↑ 1)  
  16. Raiders 4-4 (↑ 6) Tough team to read, beat the Colts early, but also got kicked around by Minny, GB and KC. Past 2 weeks have included a close L at Texans and win over a solid Detroit team.
  17. Lions 3-4-1 (↓ 4Think they're better than their record, but at end of day these close losses only mean so much when you can't pull out close wins
  18. Steelers 4-4 (↑ 5)
  19. Chargers 4-5 (↑ 5)
  20. Cardinals 3-5-1 (↓ 2)
  21. Titans 4-5 (↓ 2) 
  22. Jaguars 4-5 (↓ 1) 
  23. Broncos 3-6  (↑ 2)
  24. Bears 3-5 (↓ 7) Haven't won since September. Close losses, and their D remains fearsome, but the offense is reaching historically bad territory.
  25. Buccaneers 2-6 (↑ 1)
  26. Browns 2-6 (↓ 6) Well... this team sucks. They were obviously disappointing, but I thought the paltry 2 wins was due to a brutal schedule... but losing to Brandon Allen is a tough look.
  27. Giants 2-7 (--) 
  28. Falcons 1-7 (--)
  29. Redskins 1-8 (--)
  30. Bengals 0-8 (↑ 1)
  31. Jets 1-7 (↓ 2)
  32. Dolphins 1-8 (--)

MVP Watch 

1. Russell Wilson (--) big gap
  2. Lamar Jackson (↑ 2)
  3. Aaron Rodgers (↓ 1)
  4. Deshaun Watson (↑ 1)
  5. Christian McCaffery (NR)

HMs- Brady, Cousins, Dalvin, Dak, Mahomes, Nick Bosa?

• Like 1

1. 49ers 8-1 (--  
  2. Patriots 8-1 (--)
  3. Ravens 8-2 (↑ 1) Ravens and Hawks are getting the tier boost for not only being the sole losses for the top 2 teams, but boasting top active win streaks in their conference (5 for Ravens, 3 for Hawks)
  4. Seahawks 8-2 (↑ 2) ^^
  5. Packers 8-2 (--)
  6. Saints 7-2 (↓ 3Tier drop and 3 spots seems a bit harsh for 1st loss in months, but it was a BAD loss. At home to the 1 win Falcons, only scoring 9 points?
  7. Vikings 7-3  (↑ 1)
  8. Texans 6-3 (↑ 1)
  9. Chiefs 6-4 (↓ 2)
  10. Cowboys 5-4 (↑ 2) 
  11. Steelers 5-4 (↑ 7) Wins over the Colts and Rams back to back off of great defensive play vault Pitt up this list. Suddenly look primed to make a playoff push despite largely anemic offense and slow start.
  12. Eagles 5-4 (↑ 1) 
  13. Rams 5-4 (↓ 3) 
  14. Colts 5-4 (↓ 3) 
  15. Raiders 5-4 (↑ 1) 
  16. Bills 6-3 (↓ 2) 
  17. Panthers 5-4 (↓ 2) 
  18. Titans 5-5 (↑ 3) 
  19. Lions 3-5-1 (↓ 2)
  20. Chargers 4-6 (↓ 1)
  21. Jaguars 4-5 (↑ 1) 
  22. Broncos 3-6  (↑ 1)
  23. Bears 4-5 (↑ 1) 
  24. Cardinals 3-6-1 (↓ 4)
  25. Buccaneers 3-6 (--)
  26. Browns 3-6 (--)
  27. Falcons 2-7  (↑ 1) 
  28. Dolphins 2-8 (↑ 5) Are the real Dolphins the ones who had that historically bad 5 or 6 game start, or these Fitzmagic Dolphins w/ 2 wins in a row?
  29. Giants 2-7 (↓ 2) 
  30. Jets 2-7 (↑ 1)
  31. Redskins 1-8 (↓ 2)
  32. Bengals 0-9 (↓ 2)

MVP Watch 

1. Russell Wilson (--) 
  2. Lamar Jackson (--)
  3. Aaron Rodgers (--)
  4. Deshaun Watson (--)
  5. Christian McCaffery (--)

HMs- Brady, Dalvin, Dak... Minkah!?

1. Ravens 8-2 (↑ 2)  A new king emerges, Ravens have won each of their last 4 games by 2 scores, and this is a stretch that includes the Seahawks, Patriots and Texans.
  2. 49ers 9-1 (↓ 1) 
  3. Patriots 9-1 (↓ 1)
  4. Seahawks 8-2 (--
  5. Packers 8-2 (--)
  6. Saints 8-2 (--
  7. Vikings 8-3  (--)
  8. Chiefs 7-4 (↑ 1)
  9. Cowboys 6-4 (↑ 1)
  10. Texans 6-4 (↓ 2) 
  11. Colts 6-4 (↑ 3) 
  12. Rams 6-4 (↑ 1) 
  13. Raiders 6-4 (↑ 2) 
  14. Eagles 5-5 (↓ 2)
  15. Bills 7-3 (↑ 1) 
  16. Steelers 5-5 (↓ 5) Of course right as I bump them, they go back to what we expected, an offense you cannot win with. TNF so we'll see if it was just TNF shenanigans.
  17. Titans 5-5 (↑ 1) 
  18. Panthers 5-5 (↓ 1) 
  19. Falcons 3-7  (↑ 8)  Ignore the record for a second, this team may very well be top 10 in teams you don't want to play next week. Sleeping giant woke up a little too late, or fluke wins? I think the former.
  20. Chargers 4-7 (--)
  21. Lions 3-6-1 (↓ 2)
  22. Cardinals 3-7-1 (↑ 2) 
  23. Browns 4-6 (↑ 3) 
  24. Broncos 3-7  (↓ 1)
  25. Jaguars 4-6 (↓ 4)
  26. Bears 4-6 (↓ 3) 
  27. Buccaneers 3-7 (↓ 2)
  28. Dolphins 2-8 (--) 
  29. Giants 2-8 (--) 
  30. Jets 3-7 (--) 
  31. Redskins 1-9 (↓ 2)
  32. Bengals 0-10 (--)

MVP Watch 

1. Russell Wilson (--)  Still my #1. 23 TDs to just 2 INTs. Does he have a bad offensive cast? No, but usually with his kind of production you see a guy aided by a few high profile WRs/TEs/RBs. You could make a case for Lockett and Carson as being on the low end there, but still, I don't think any other QB would be producing like this, moving the offense this well, if you put them in Wilson's shoes, period. 
  2. Lamar Jackson (--) Closing the gap real quick. He is who I currently expect to be MVP, he' having a great year in his own right and perhaps more importantly is the new hot thing. Wilson is old news in this league. Going to be a tight battle between these 2 down the stretch, could someone else still sneak in? Sure, but not unless one of these guys slows down and the other steps up.
  3. Aaron Rodgers (--)
  4. Deshaun Watson (--)
  5. Christian McCaffery (--)

HMs- Dak, Dalvin, Michael Thomas

• Like 1