• Stick with their guy, he's good enough/will improve
    • Roll with him until they can draft a new franchise QB
    • Sit him in favor of their backup, give him more time sitting
    • Immediately drop him, and begin preparation for a new approach

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I did wonder...

JJ is doing well, I'd say...

jj-watt-1.jpg?w=1800&h=2700

Kealia Ohai has a "girl next door" vibe to her that I can appreciate. She's a soccer player for the Houston Dash, so she's athletic; Can always co-sign on that.

Not quite a Katherine Webb or Kate Upton, but who's counting?

• Like 1

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

football; sucks that he drew a blank yesterday. Probably my fav non-Pat.

I'm hesitant to say it's because Jadevion Clowney wasn't out there...but it's because Jadevion Clowney wasn't out there. 

And... the New Orleans OL is pretty damn good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ET80 said:

JJ is doing well, I'd say...

jj-watt-1.jpg?w=1800&h=2700

Kealia Ohai has a "girl next door" vibe to her that I can appreciate. She's a soccer player for the Houston Dash, so she's athletic; Can always co-sign on that.

Not quite a Katherine Webb or Kate Upton, but who's counting?

Unpopular opinion: among football WAGS, Katherine Webb is nothing special.  Average at best, in fact.

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

He's not good, but he's better than anyone you're finding at this point. Ride it out, scout out QBs in the 2020 draft.

I seriously wonder if Winston gets a job next season - I hardly believe a starting job is out there for him, even as a seat warmer for a rookie. I even wonder if someone would look at him as a backup, to be honest; I highly doubt his work ethic and study habits would make for a good backup QB, so this might be it for him, IMO.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Effective backup QBs can come in and steer the ship very well, but the best of the best - the guys who carve out 10+ year careers as a backup, your Fitzmagic/Josh McCown/Brian Hoyer types, they're highly regarded because of their mental games. None of these guys have the physical toolset to win consistently, but when you're in the film room and creating your gameplan for the week? These are the guys you want as those extra set of eyes/ears.

I could see Winston as a late add to a team - let's say a team loses a starter (and I'm talking a higher end starter, such as a Russell Wilson or Ben Roethlensberger) and they have a "win now" team. I can see Jameis getting a shot then, a dart throw to see if he can provide a spark to an already talented team, with snaps to offer.

But, Jameis as a long term clipboard holder? Yeah, I don't see it.

I think Tampa just needs to run it out with him this year but I think Winston 100% will be on a team next year, just not the Bucs.  Although I don't think he'd mesh well with the players on the team, I wouldn't be opposed to the Saints giving him a chance even if Brees decides to retire.  He's got all the physical tools and he'd be in arguably the best situation of his career.  Maybe even as a back-up over Bridgewater if Brees decided to return for another year as I think only someone of Brees/Brady/Rodgers caliber could really keep his ego in check from blowing up about not being the starter.  Also those are all players that might be leaving sooner than later and could help him learn better habits about being a pro.

Might as well just let him go down with the ship.  I mean, what else are you gonna do...start Blaine Gabbert?  xD  I mean, i'd rather they start Gabbert 'cause it's funny...but what's the point really?  You know what Gabbert is.  You know what Jameis is...and they both suck.  But there's at least the most tiny spec of a chance that Jameis stops sucking quite as hard maybe?

You're not gonna swing a trade for anyone.  That doesn't make sense, expending assets on someone that's also not going to be the answer when you already have two non-answers on the roster, who can both at least start games for you and not be Nathan Peterman embarrassing.  Just wait it out and draft a guy.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Cut him tomorrow morning. 

Bring Trent Dilfer out of the studio. 

Sign Ryan Lindley to a lifetime deal with a guaranteed $90 million per year. 

If you're going to tank for another QB, at least be more interesting than the guys down the road. 

Control-F: "starting caliber QBs in the state of Florida"

no results found.

• Like 3