Week 2 GDT - Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

McGlinchey goes to left tackle and Toilolo plays right tackle - not looking good either way but that has to be the way forward initially.

Definitely not happening.

I bet McGlinchey stays at RT and Skule at LT and they give him a lot of help while implementing a lot of quick passes. Shanahan has his work cut out for himself. 

It'll be vitally important that Skule can run block on his end without considerable help. One of the strengths of this team is that we can run in any direction with success, and if you take that away, it can be just as detrimental to what we can do in the passing game if he struggles. Becoming one dimensional in the running game while also getting worse in the passing game will be a death knell for this team. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aaaaaand there's the season

Can't be if the team we saw for the first 2 wks is real. I love Staley but he's not a QB. Today was the offense at it's peak...or close to it. Staley gone will knock it down but for how much not sure yet. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sherm said:

Can't be if the team we saw for the first 2 wks is real. I love Staley but he's not a QB. Today was the offense at it's peak...or close to it. Staley gone will knock it down but for how much not sure yet. 

Depends on what you mean by real

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on what you mean by real

If the defense is legit, then this loss is salvageable. They could hold it down well enough that the offense doesn't have to be great every week. We will need quick release Jimmy until Staley returns, like in 2017. Now that OL was trash that he was dealing with. 

Big that we get a win next week against the Steelers before the bye week. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the defense is legit, then this loss is salvageable. They could hold it down well enough that the offense doesn't have to be great every week. We will need quick release Jimmy until Staley returns, like in 2017. Now that OL was trash that he was dealing with. 

Big that we get a win next week against the Steelers before the bye week. 

There's definitely a chance that we can salvage it. The only game that I think this really hurts us in with this time period is going to be Cleveland. I think that game is winnable, but MG should feast now. 

Pitt next week could be interesting because they could be without Ben, and even with him, that offense has been garbage. With the rams, the problem was always Donald on defense (I'll be curious to see if we shut down the offense), and he just got hurt today (back issue), so if it's something that goes on a few weeks, that could be a bigger issue for them. The Cardinals games should still be winnable, though will be tough. Carolina and Seattle could be issues, though the Carolina game will largely depend on what they can do offensively more so than what they could do on defense in my opinion. Seattle will be a tougher game for sure though. I'm hoping that he would be back for the Packers. 

So the two biggest impact games for me on this injury will be Cleveland and Seattle. 

I liked Skule as a prospect when I read up on him, but this could be disastrous. Really..can’t believe I’m saying this, but Gilliam should probably be on our radar.

Hopefully Skule can prove himself on this level, he’s got a killer schedule ahead of him. Pitt DL and  watt, Clowney, Myles Garrett..gonna be rough 

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Who looks like the best defender for the Niners through two weeks? Boss? Sherman? Buckner?

Easily Witherspoon for me. Buckner was quiet for six quarters until picking it up after halftime and Bosa was okay today nothing special. Sherman didn't play bad last week but had some penalties that extended drives. Witherspoon on the other hand? Has been money. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Easily Witherspoon for me. Buckner was quiet for six quarters until picking it up after halftime and Bosa was okay today nothing special. Sherman didn't play bad last week but had some penalties that extended drives. Witherspoon on the other hand? Has been money. 

Definitely spoon.