Week 2 GDT - Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Did this game remind anyone of the Bills game back in 2012? Where we just did WHATEVER we wanted to offensively and threw for and ran for 300+ yards? This was mastery at its finest by Shanahan. 

And I guess equally of an pathetic defensive performance from the Bengals. They were woefully unprepared and got abused in each and every single way. 

So I read Kawakami's article on if the 49ers should trade for Trent Williams. Look, sounds good and all but I don't see that happening. And really, what are we going to do when Staley returns? I think that is a complete pipe dream. McGlinchey is turning into one of the best RTs in the game, if he's not there already so would you move him to guard? Staley will be playing RT for the first since his rookie season? No, and that doesn't even begin to bring up what it will cost. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I read Kawakami's article on if the 49ers should trade for Trent Williams. Look, sounds good and all but I don't see that happening. And really, what are we going to do when Staley returns? I think that is a complete pipe dream. McGlinchey is turning into one of the best RTs in the game, if he's not there already so would you move him to guard? Staley will be playing RT for the first since his rookie season? No, and that doesn't even begin to bring up what it will cost. 

Idk why people are still on for Williams. There's no way Snyder's trades anything to us. He hates Kyle.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Idk why people are still on for Williams. There's no way Snyder's trades anything to us. He hates Kyle.

Trent W is always hobbled and still living on reputation of old. Upgrade, sure.. but not worth the trade cost or cap hit, I'd bet. 

on the other hand, time to smile!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Trent W is always hobbled and still living on reputation of old. Upgrade, sure.. but not worth the trade cost or cap hit, I'd bet. 

on the other hand, time to smile!

Best runner on the team with Mostert being the second best. Neither could handle a heavy workload but that's perfectly fine. And Wilson arguably could be the third best runner. It is between him and Coleman. That is why losing McKinnon/Coleman actually upgrades our running game but definitely a bit of a blow in the passing game. Those two are some of the best in the game catching the ball out of the backfield. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There are also serious salary cap ramifications. Kawakami is usually solid, but the entire premise of Trent Williams is half baked.

Just now, Forge said:

There are also serious salary cap ramifications. Kawakami is usually solid, but the entire premise of Trent Williams is half baked.

Right, really could be a one year rental before we would have to move him. Move doesn't make sense.

Unless, we trade for him to then trade him after the offseason? Some NE Patriots/LA Rams kind of thing???