Week 2 GDT - Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

9 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I don't think we have anything to worry about. He hasn't shown enough in preseason to get claimed. 

I feel like the plan with him was always the PS and we made a point to not feature him in preseason. He played sparingly. I feel pretty good about sneaking him in so early. Probably a smart move by our FO tbh 

Once he clears waivers he's on the PS all year and he realistically wouldn't play at all this year anyways 

Having not commented on the Bucs game last week, I have to say something here.  Great win last week, with reservations of course, most of which have been expressed

by many folks here.  The not so good would be:-

Jimmy looking tentative (that dreadful INT to the left which was identical to the pick he made against the Lions last season), despite pretty good pass protection.

The running game having no holes to run through (didn't see that problem coming).

The run defense against the Bucs of all teams.

The good:-

The pass rush was mightily improved and looks like it can only get better as Bosa gets healthier and Ford gets used to the system.

The secondary - what a huge difference with them looking like they knew what their responsibilities were.  And turnovers at last turned instantly into points - doesn't get much better than that.

So what to expect from this weeks game. 

A tougher time for the secondary - Dalton's a good but not great QB and he's not Jameis Winston.  But if our pass rush can get to him, it's another story.

If the O line continues its good pass protection, then it's up to Jimmy to settle down and go through his progressions.  The Bengals defense gave Seattle fits last week but hey we're talking about Seattle's O line here.  It's always nice to see them still struggling with this issue let's be honest.

We have to sustain drives this week if we are to pull out the win, so it's up to Jimmy's accuracy and getting the run game going (I am so good at stating the obvious).

Anyway, c'mon Niners let's grind this one out (despite Jimmy throwing a couple of picks, which I think he will).  Let's keep the turnovers coming in our favour, and capitalize on them.