Enunwa Done for Season with Neck Injury

Rockice_8

I hope we can get out of his deal too.  Between him and Tru we are going to be in for some dead money next season.  

EDIT: Just looked.  5.4M in deaed money next year or 3.6 in 2021.  Thanks for the parting gift Mac.

Time to start scouting Round 2 WR's.

Edited by Rockice_8

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I hope we can get out of his deal too.  Between him and Tru we are going to be in for some dead money next season.  

EDIT: Just looked.  5.4M in deaed money next year or 3.6 in 2021.  Thanks for the parting gift Mac.

Time to start scouting Round 2 WR's.

2019 and 2020 base salaries are guaranteed for injury.  So this year, we are stuck with the full salary of his. Next year, Jets can designate him as Post June 1 cut to make it 1.8m for 2020 and 3.6m for 2021 in dead money. 

Edit: only if he passed the physical test for 2020, of course.

Edited by JetsandI

Such a shame. May mark the end of his career. 

I guess the only silver lining is DT is one of the only players out there who knows the offense and is talented enough to come in as a WR3 by Monday. Let’s hope this trade becomes official asap so he and (hopefully) Sam are able to practice tomorrow.

Edited by jetskid007

55 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Round 1: LT
Round 2: WR
Round 3: C or CB

That's where I'm looking for next year.

I still think a pass rusher is essential. I REALLY hope we FINALLY either trade down or trade some guys away (like Leo) for a 2 or 3 and actually draft for need instead of the best DT available. We def need to draft a weapon early for once like you have here and not reach on a one trick pony like we did with Stephen Hill years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd imagine this is the end of his career. Remember how I said that we are an injury to Q or a Robby suspension to needing a WR bad. Well here it is. And while I like the DT pickup. This isn't the DT we know him to be. So he's far from an answer. He's a bandaid.

Not nearly as talented at this point, but I don't think there will be much of a drop off from from Enunwa-to-DT. What he lacks in talent will be made up for in his route running/route tree. Fans fail to recognize that DT has come a long way since being that Georgia Tech athlete who would simply take a screen to the house; over his career he's become one of the leagues better route runners. He may not be the explosive player he once was and I'm sure that will be reflected in his YAC #s, but in terms of a pure possession receiver he shouldn't miss a beat. 

23 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Not nearly as talented at this point, but I don't think there will be much of a drop off from from Enunwa-to-DT. What he lacks in talent will be made up for in his route running/route tree. Fans fail to recognize that DT has come a long way since being that Georgia Tech athlete who would simply take a screen to the house; over his career he's become one of the leagues better route runners. He may not be the explosive player he once was and I'm sure that will be reflected in his YAC #s, but in terms of a pure possession receiver he shouldn't miss a beat. 

I agree with this.  Doubt we miss a beat.