Bills vs. Jets Week 1

Maxmw22

22 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Could you imagine tho if we piled up all these draft picks for the future and the Patriots collapse this year and we make the playoffs. Doubt it would happen but we could be looking at a dynasty with a playoff caliber team that will just get better with draft picks

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If the Pats collapse the team clearly positioned to take advantage are the Phish we all know it. They've been knocking on the door for a few years now and we're basically tanking.

It's a nice pipe dream though.

Agian, how are we tanking? I just don't see it. We are the same talent level we've been for the past few years....a .500 level squad.

Idk how you can look at this team and see our top-3 WR's from last year gone, our backup RB who had 1K yards and 12 TD's gone, our OL depth far thinner, our DL depth far thinner, our LB depth and starters non-extant, and our CB depth and starting skill level non-extant and think anything other than tanking.

If not for the Jets we are clearly the worst team in football, we're one or two big injuries away from 2-14.

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Idk how you can look at this team and see our top-3 WR's from last year gone, our backup RB who had 1K yards and 12 TD's gone, our OL depth far thinner, our DL depth far thinner, our LB depth and starters non-extant, and our CB depth and starting skill level non-extant and think anything other than tanking.

If not for the Jets we are clearly the worst team in football, we're one or two big injuries away from 2-14.

TD Mike did not have 1 thousand yards....

sammy never played anyways.

Gilmore as garbage, Darby wasn't a scheme fit..

deprh I mean I guess but it's not like our depth was great anyways.

lower ceiling, higher floor.

53 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

TD Mike did not have 1 thousand yards....

sammy never played anyways.

Gilmore as garbage, Darby wasn't a scheme fit..

deprh I mean I guess but it's not like our depth was great anyways.

lower ceiling, higher floor.

Exactly. I could see the argument of having worse depth. That is definetly true but seems McDermott values special teams over depth. He figures that if a player is gonna sit the bench that he might as well cut him and have a guy who can contribute on special teams. It is a good thought as long as the team can stay healthy which we havent been able to do.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

That's what I've been saying. This season is impossible to gauge lol.. Our team could be within a 2-10 win range.

I agree with TLBF though. This season could go down the toilet with 2 or 3 key injuries.

My biggest fear offensively is losing either Glenn or Incognito. If that happens, it will be so obvious how close to being bad our OL group is! Defensively, the back 7 needs to stay healthy if we are to have a chance of being respectable on that side of the ball. Like you said, 2-3 injuries and (honestly that's likely to happen) we're screwed.

I honestly believe our FO has failed us in managing the Cap, causing us to be unable to afford any quality depth. The good news is that after this year, we free up $11 million from our wasted Dead Cap. Unfortunately, it will also still leave us with the 3rd oldest roster in the league...we're 2nd oldest right now. We have got to start making all these draft picks we're acquiring truly meaningful if we're ever going to control our Cap and be competitive over the long term..

Archived