Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

Really dont see how we win this game. We dont have the capability to go score for score with them even without Reke.

Unless we just completely dominate TOP and keep them off the field. Josh Jacobs will probably have to go for like 33 Carries for 140+ yards. Slow churning yards that keeps the chain's moving and clock ticking. Carr will have to be ultra efficient again too. Be great on third downs. Gruden will have to take a few calculated risks, maybe even a trick play or two.

And the defense will just have to hold on for dear life. Mahomes can get too cute at times, maybe he throws us a pick or two. I remember last year there were like 3 occasions where he threw the ball right to us and we dropped it.

The Chiefs couldn’t get to the QB last week against a Jags team who has a real suspect OL. 

I watched three qtrs of the Jags game and where the Jags got in trouble was the big plays. They got confused and blew to many assignments and allowed big plays. Oakland has to keep everything in front of them. 

Once Mahomes hurt his ankle his mobility was gone and the Chiefs started to get the ball out of his hand fast. Wonder how his ankle is feeling. His Mobility plays a big part of their offense. 

Our offense is much better than the Jags and their defense emotionally was not where it needed to be.  I would feel a lot better with having Abram because he causes receivers to think about more than just the ball.  Kelce will get his but it would be nice to see him picking himself up in pain.  I want to see him make a catch and not even want to think about trying to dance.  Same thing with Mahomes.  We are going to bring the pressure and we will give up some plays because of it but we have to make sure he earns it with pain.  Get a personal foul if you have to but this is how you beat great QBs in today's game.  QBs are not use to getting hit.  Slow him down so he can not get to the edge when he scrambles.  Bring pressure and keep Joseph close to the line.  When he tries to break containment have KJ shot in like a missile at his ankles.  He should be contemplating not coming out of the locker room after halftime.

Is there any word on whether or not Jonathan Abram is going to get fined for that hit when Conley got hurt?

Edited by drfrey13

Yeah I think Denver had the worst pass protection in the NFL on paper and it showed. It will look absolutely nothing like that vs Kansas City. While our secondary is vastly improved as is our run defense, let’s not forget they have the best offensive coach in the NFL, best Tight End in the NFL, and the most explosive player in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes.

With no Tyreek Hill, I think we can keep it close. But KC should definitely be the high favorites here with the HC/QB/TE situation. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I think Denver had the worst pass protection in the NFL on paper and it showed. It will look absolutely nothing like that vs Kansas City. While our secondary is vastly improved as is our run defense, let’s not forget they have the best offensive coach in the NFL, best Tight End in the NFL, and the most explosive player in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes.

With no Tyreek Hill, I think we can keep it close. But KC should definitely be the high favorites here with the HC/QB/TE situation. 

We lost by 7 points last season at home we are better on both sides of the ball this year than last, they are without Hill and their defense is a tad worst Raider 33 - 30

• Like 2

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

We lost by 7 points last season at home we are better on both sides of the ball this year than last, they are without Hill and their defense is a tad worst Raider 33 - 30

And I’d say that’s a smart bet to make but Vegas has the line correct and KC should be 4-5 point favorites here. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And I’d say that’s a smart bet to make but Vegas has the line correct and KC should be 4-5 point favorites here. 

Vegas has KC at 7 currently I'm taking the td with the Raiders puling the upset small bet on the money line too.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1