Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

A few things.  We have no pass rush and that is a killer. 

The loss of AB is huge.  Devastating loss to lose a WR of that caliber, head case or not.  TW is clearly not a number 1, I do like his game and he is a legit 2/ deep threat but being thrust into the number 1 overall position has killed this team.

Also all of you homers who saying Carr needs to go deep more you clearly dont understand football.  They were down big, KC was bringing the pass rush heat and we have Williams as our only legit deep threat which KC was apparently keen on.  They will not allow him to beat them deep so where does that leave Carr?

I don't know what you guys expect from him, throw it deep and turn it over or attempt to go deep and have nothing all to get sacked?  Checking the ball down is the only way to go with the situation he was in.  Throwing it deep when you don't have the firepower to do so will only lead to a sack or an interception.  How do you people not get that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TLO said:

The lack of any sense of urgency on offense was pretty alarming the whole second half. 

KC basically knocked us out in the 2nd quarter. I don't think anyone thought we had any shot to win that game after that quarter. When we were sending a blitz, they had an easy completion. When we were sending 4, Mahomes was throwing dimes all over the field. Even when the coverage was good, they were pulling out circus catches. The reality is KC is one of the elite teams in the NFL and the Raiders are average on their best days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A few things.  We have no pass rush and that is a killer. 

The loss of AB is huge.  Devastating loss to lose a WR of that caliber, head case or not.  TW is clearly not a number 1, I do like his game and he is a legit 2/ deep threat but being thrust into the number 1 overall position has killed this team.

Also all of you homers who saying Carr needs to go deep more you clearly dont understand football.  They were down big, KC was bringing the pass rush heat and we have Williams as our only legit deep threat which KC was apparently keen on.  They will not allow him to beat them deep so where does that leave Carr?

I don't know what you guys expect from him, throw it deep and turn it over or attempt to go deep and have nothing all to get sacked?  Checking the ball down is the only way to go with the situation he was in.  Throwing it deep when you don't have the firepower to do so will only lead to a sack or an interception.  How do you people not get that?

I expect Carr not to throw those clutch ints he’s infamously known for esp the red zone ones omm i hate those 

• Like 3

#Raiders WR Ryan Grant had -2 yards receiving on 5 targets. That’s fewest yards for Raiders player with 5+ targets since at least 1992 per

Grant starting won't work. He has 4 catches for 14 yards so far! They might have to force Doss (or Ateman) into a starting role or find a better fit somewhere else. I guess DeVante Parker could be an option if the compensation is low.

25 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Grant starting won't work. He has 4 catches for 14 yards so far! They might have to force Doss (or Ateman) into a starting role or find a better fit somewhere else. I guess DeVante Parker could be an option if the compensation is low.

Parker would def be upgrade. Anyone can. Need JJ Nelson back how sad is that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I didn’t watch any of the game but from looking at drive charts, replays, etc, we made a ton of mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot way too many times against a good d. Too many false starts while we were ahead on down and distance. I’m not sure if Carr will ever stop making bad decisions in goal to go situations. Maybe it was Tyrells fault, but Carr leads the league and interceptions thrown near the goal line. That really needs to change. I don’t know how to feel about Carr. It’s certainly not all of his fault, but he is still somewhat responsible. I think this week showed that our playbook was very AB centric. It def still needs some tweaks. I would like to think that if Jacobs was available the entire game, that he would have been used in the passing game more.

Hopefully we scheme and perform better against Minnesota.

The first KC TD and the Int at the 1 were both miscommunications by first year players.  I expect mistakes like that.  What I do not get is why Carr checked out of a run at the 1 when we were doing what we wanted against them.  Scheme wise it was the right call but a TO there and it is a back breaker.  We should have just attempted to run it down their throats and get cute if we could not.  I also question Kelce's TD on Joseph.  I know we could not challenge it but I am not sure he finished the catch.  It was really close.  I really think that if Carr picks up that 1st down on his dive we might win that game.  On every close call we came up short.  If it is the other way around I think we win but that is the difference between us and a Super Bowl contender.  They execute and create good luck.  We are only a couple pieces and a year of playing together to be at their level.  I really want to see how this team responds next week.  Execution and scheme well and we win next week.  If PG needs a hint the key is learning to guard against the RB coming out of the backfield (Cook) and keep the WRs in front of you.  Vikings are looking to bounce back to.  We shall see what happens.

Carr's Y/A was 5.2.

20 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The first KC TD and the Int at the 1 were both miscommunications by first year players.  I expect mistakes like that.  What I do not get is why Carr checked out of a run at the 1 when we were doing what we wanted against them.  Scheme wise it was the right call but a TO there and it is a back breaker.  We should have just attempted to run it down their throats and get cute if we could not.  I also question Kelce's TD on Joseph.  I know we could not challenge it but I am not sure he finished the catch.  It was really close.  I really think that if Carr picks up that 1st down on his dive we might win that game.  On every close call we came up short.  If it is the other way around I think we win but that is the difference between us and a Super Bowl contender.  They execute and create good luck.  We are only a couple pieces and a year of playing together to be at their level.  I really want to see how this team responds next week.  Execution and scheme well and we win next week.  If PG needs a hint the key is learning to guard against the RB coming out of the backfield (Cook) and keep the WRs in front of you.  Vikings are looking to bounce back to.  We shall see what happens.

Carr's Y/A was 5.2.

I don’t think people realize how bad 5.2 is. There is literally no excuse for it. I don’t care if your receiving core is a bunch of midgets. 

A backup rookie QB with a noodle arm shredded the Kansas City Defense last week. Their weapons are similar to ours. A #2 in Dede Westbrook and no one after that. 

Chiefs have the worst secondary in the league, even worse than Miami and ourselves. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think people realize how bad 5.2 is. There is literally no excuse for it. I don’t care if your receiving core is a bunch of midgets. 

A backup rookie QB with a noodle arm shredded the Kansas City Defense last week. Their weapons are similar to ours. A #2 in Dede Westbrook and no one after that. 

Chiefs have the worst secondary in the league, even worse than Miami and ourselves. 

Carr defenders are soo entrenched at this point man. More than likely another year of debates lol 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has had 1 good game and 1 bad game.  You would think how he performed would be reversed based on the opponents.  I can not put the game on him however because I have no clue what happened.  Some of it was how good KC is but nobody should be able to complete 5 straight passes of 30 yds or more, 4 TDs in a quarter, or 2 TDs with under 6 minutes when the other team has the ball and a first down.   None of it made sense.  Injuries, a lot of new players, shell shocked coaching, O that fell asleep, gassed defense, Am I missing anything else?  It was a perfect storm and then we screwed ourselves in the second half every time we had a chance to get back in it.

These are almost exclusively issues we need to fix with ourselves and not our opponent.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Carr defenders are soo entrenched at this point man. More than likely another year of debates lol 

There has only been two seasons in NFL History where a QB started all 16 games and had a YPA of 5.7 or less. One was Derek Carr during his rookie season. He’s always been dink and dunk master. Even at Fresno State he was known for screens and RB passes. That’s mostly all that offense did. 

In 2016 Carr had a great season but vastly overrated by fans due to the “clutch” comeback factor, which I admit, was f***ing fantastic to watch. But take the comebacks out of it, it’s just a normal Top 10 QB season. 

He is who he is at this point. We need EDGE and WR but if we are picking Top 5 and Gruden falls in love with a QB, it’s over for Carr. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

There has only been two seasons in NFL History where a QB started all 16 games and had a YPA of 5.7 or less. One was Derek Carr during his rookie season. He’s always been dink and dunk master. Even at Fresno State he was known for screens and RB passes. That’s mostly all that offense did. 

In 2016 Carr had a great season but vastly overrated by fans due to the “clutch” comeback factor, which I admit, was f***ing fantastic to watch. But take the comebacks out of it, it’s just a normal Top 10 QB season. 

He is who he is at this point. We need EDGE and WR but if we are picking Top 5 and Gruden falls in love with a QB, it’s over for Carr. 

If we were not built to impose our will upon our opponents in the run game I would say good job checking t a pass on 1st and goal from the 1 but we are built to win that match up no matter what the defense does.  I would have radioed into Carr's helmet that he is to check out of the play no matter what.  That was my biggest issue with Carr in this game.  Although he did not play well his demeanor during the game gives me hope now.  I do not think he will ever be a top 5 QB but top ten can get us where we want to be.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I like Carr, but these type stats are eyeopening. They show a trend.

I like Carr as a person, but he isnt ever going to be a top 10 QB in the league.  I think we have a big enough sample size to see what he is.  He is fiery player that has a few great games each season.  I wouldnt be upset if we went after a QB in next years draft, but would also be ok with Carr for another year or two.  

• Like 1