Chiefs @ Raiders Week 2 GDT!!

agarcia34

I’m a Carr fan and think he does get scared at times because he’s scarred from his injuries. The #1 ability is availability and he’s protecting himself when the pocket breaks on him yet his desire is also there as we saw him jump for that 1st down but came up short. I’d rather roll with him (especially in Vegas) than draft a top QB. Miami is going to get #1 pick for the next two seasons. Even if we traded Carr we still wouldn’t get Tua or Lawrence. So unless you’re want Herbert, Fromm or whoever then you’re better off building around Carr and getting Clemson’s guy behind Trevor in 22/23. So be competitive and attract players and acquire 2022 picks and use them all to trade up then.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

At least .500 with those statues back there playing from behind from the first 5 min of the game LOL The D would have brought the heat within the first min of the game bc they feared no on on the roster besides Carr and Mack.  

You fail to realize that football is a team game.  In 2017 we had a washed up RB that no one feared and couldn't catch the ball, Crabs as our number 1 who can barely find a job after he left, Cooper aka houdini, and a D that was a complete joke.  

Do you think by Carr checking down and getting rid of the ball quickly contributed to our boosted pass blocking rankings?  LOL Come on with your garbage.  

I'm pretty sure our RB's in 2017 averaged 1.3 yards before contact which was bottom 7 in the league.  Elite Oline SMH

I never said elite run blocking, I said 4th in Pass Pro. And no, has nothing, zero to do with Carr checking down, which he is worse than Eli Manning at doing. Plenty of elite quarterbacks have never had a run game and put up elite numbers and elite offenses. Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl with the 32nd Running Attack, Aaron Rodgers constantly had garbage run teams as did Brady. Stop making excuses. 

Carr needs two #1s and a Top 5 Pass Pro to be successful, and top notch play calling. 

He’s not a franchise QB. 

Name all of Carrs Pros and Cons Frankie. I really wanna see this list from you. 

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I never said elite run blocking, I said 4th in Pass Pro. And no, has nothing, zero to do with Carr checking down, which he is worse than Eli Manning at doing. Plenty of elite quarterbacks have never had a run game and put up elite numbers and elite offenses. Peyton Manning won the Super Bowl with the 32nd Running Attack, Aaron Rodgers constantly had garbage run teams as did Brady. Stop making excuses. 

Carr needs two #1s and a Top 5 Pass Pro to be successful, and top notch play calling. 

He’s not a franchise QB. 

Name all of Carrs Pros and Cons Frankie. I really wanna see this list from you. 

The fact that the OL in 2017 was so atrocious at run blocking allowing a RB a measly 1.3 yards before contact tells me a few things.  1 that the box was consistently stacked bc the D's feared no one on our O. If our Oline was good at protecting Carr as you claim how can you not see the correlation between allowing 1.3 yrds before contact for our RB and terrible pass protection? 2 that Carr's check downs and quick release clearly inflated that terrible lines pass blocking stats and 3 that @BayRaider clearly needs to go back to football 101.

You nit pick certain features (running game here) and leave out the big picture facts all while trying to back up your worthless points.  Anyone that know footballs see the gaping holes in your lame arguments.   Eli played with elite D's.  Peyton had 2 Pro Bowl/ HOF Wr's in Indy and an elite D in Denver, Rogers played with a very good D in 2010 were the 6th seed and they got hot in the playoffs.   Next you're going to tell me Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QB's than Marino bc hey won Super Bowls SMH.

When has Carr ever had 2 number 1's?  Not in 2016 when he was in the MVP race.  The fact that you think Cooper and Crabs are number 1's shows me that you are beyond clueless. 

Pros and Cons:  Tremendous leader and has played through a ton of adversity (injuries, terrible teams, multiple HC and OC changes).  Has and above average arm, a quick release and is not careless with the football.  Sneaky athleticism and can run when needed although I wish he would run more than he does. Has a very high football IQ.  

Weakness:  Has played with a terrible supporting cast every year in the league so it's hard to gauge his weaknesses.  Brady and Brees would look old and washed up on the teams Carr has had to play with.  I don't think any pocket passer would have done much better than he has given the circumstances mentioned.  Could use his legs more often bc he is mobile and athletic.  His ability to handle pressure has been questioned at times but I don't know many QB's who are able to handle pressure with a surrounding cast (O and D) as terrible as he has had and still have an upbeat attitude. 

He's faced nothing but 8 man fronts, never had a dual threat RB until now, always had average at best WR's and always had terrible D's.  Add all of that up and that is what I call a QB career killer.  So yeah I am impressed with how Carr has handled being on the dumpster fire teams he has been on.  His brother trained him wisely and has learned from his mistakes.  AKA trying to go deep like all of you homers want when the support isn't there.  Where did that get David?  In the record books as the most sacked QB ever in 1 season.  

The fact that you think Carr has been the problem with our lack of success is comical.  You call Crabs a number 1 WR, try to defend our garbage Oline's and think his supporting casts are not the issue shows me I am waisting my time here.  

Now answer my question is JuJu an elite number 1 WR?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Didn't help that T. Williams and J. Jacobs were injured during the game. Didn't help that the referees made some bad calls. Bad play calling, not going for it on 4 and 1, lack of defensive communication and speed overall.  Lack of pressure. We can't point at any one person. Plenty of players fell short. We lack a backup RB, a true number 1 or 2 WR alongside T. Williams, a legit pass rushing monster, CB depth. We don't have Alvin Kamara and M. Ingram. We dont have AJ Bouye and J. Ramsey at CB. We don't have the Vikings WRs. We need to get better. Anyone that thought this was our year believed too much in the hype. Next year is our year. We have been moving towards next year since the moment J. Gruden arrived. 

Just my opinion. This loss was a team loss, we played a top 4 team in the NFL. Don't forget that. They probably would've won the super bowl last year if it wasn't for the Patriots.

Edited by Jerry

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The fact that the OL in 2017 was so atrocious at run blocking allowing a RB a measly 1.3 yards before contact tells me a few things.  1 that the box was consistently stacked bc the D's feared no one on our O. If our Oline was good at protecting Carr as you claim how can you not see the correlation between allowing 1.3 yrds before contact for our RB and terrible pass protection? 2 that Carr's check downs and quick release clearly inflated that terrible lines pass blocking stats and 3 that @BayRaider clearly needs to go back to football 101.

You nit pick certain features (running game here) and leave out the big picture facts all while trying to back up your worthless points.  Anyone that know footballs see the gaping holes in your lame arguments.   Eli played with elite D's.  Peyton had 2 Pro Bowl/ HOF Wr's in Indy and an elite D in Denver, Rogers played with a very good D in 2010 were the 6th seed and they got hot in the playoffs.   Next you're going to tell me Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QB's than Marino bc hey won Super Bowls SMH.

When has Carr ever had 2 number 1's?  Not in 2016 when he was in the MVP race.  The fact that you think Cooper and Crabs are number 1's shows me that you are beyond clueless. 

Pros and Cons:  Tremendous leader and has played through a ton of adversity (injuries, terrible teams, multiple HC and OC changes).  Has and above average arm, a quick release and is not careless with the football.  Sneaky athleticism and can run when needed although I wish he would run more than he does. Has a very high football IQ.  

Weakness:  Has played with a terrible supporting cast every year in the league so it's hard to gauge his weaknesses.  Brady and Brees would look old and washed up on the teams Carr has had to play with.  I don't think any pocket passer would have done much better than he has given the circumstances mentioned.  Could use his legs more often bc he is mobile and athletic.  His ability to handle pressure has been questioned at times but I don't know many QB's who are able to handle pressure with a surrounding cast (O and D) as terrible as he has had and still have an upbeat attitude. 

He's faced nothing but 8 man fronts, never had a dual threat RB until now, always had average at best WR's and always had terrible D's.  Add all of that up and that is what I call a QB career killer.  So yeah I am impressed with how Carr has handled being on the dumpster fire teams he has been on.  His brother trained him wisely and has learned from his mistakes.  AKA trying to go deep like all of you homers want when the support isn't there.  Where did that get David?  In the record books as the most sacked QB ever in 1 season.  

The fact that you think Carr has been the problem with our lack of success is comical.  You call Crabs a number 1 WR, try to defend our garbage Oline's and think his supporting casts are not the issue shows me I am waisting my time here.  

Now answer my question is JuJu an elite number 1 WR?

Honest question if the the team has failed DC soo badly was 2015 and 2016 just DC making chicken salad out of chicken bleep ?. Coop and Crabtree both got here in 2015 iirc so did Bill musgrave. I really wish we had just upgraded Seth Roberts and a legit TE we would of been set back then......sigh 

48 minutes ago, Rolni said:

My biggest issue to date is that out coaches can't adjust...

If the original plan is working, we can be good, but when we need to adjust we struggle...

I mean they blasted us in the second quarter.  But we didn't give up a point in the second half. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

I mean they blasted us in the second quarter.  But we didn't give up a point in the second half. 

Agreed. We had the one drive with the INT that would of got us right back in game. Very strange lob play.. Williams didnt look like he knew the audible.

Last thoughts on this games before moving on to week 3:

A lot of overreaction here because they looked good against a bad Denver team. And because of Mishew's stat line after coming in and completing a lot of dink and dunk passes in relief duty.

The Chiefs are arguably the top team in the league with the reigning MVP. They can and will score points in bunches. The Raiders were starting their backup safety and had some early issues in zone coverages. And coming off a short week with a late Monday night game.

The offense is playing backup guards against one of the better Dline units in the league. 

It's week 2. Let's not overreact to what's happened thus far. It was unlikely they were going to beat KC and their are still some kinks to workout as it's early in the season. 

This next slate of games before the bye will tell us where they are at. Vikings, Colts, Bears. They are capable of winning any of these games having the better QB and the defense will continue to round out.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Last thoughts on this games before moving on to week 3:

A lot of overreaction here because they looked good against a bad Denver team. And because of Mishew's stat line after coming in and completing a lot of dink and dunk passes in relief duty.

The Chiefs are arguably the top team in the league with the reigning MVP. They can and will score points in bunches. The Raiders were starting their backup safety and had some early issues in zone coverages. And coming off a short week with a late Monday night game.

The offense is playing backup guards against one of the better Dline units in the league. 

It's week 2. Let's not overreact to what's happened thus far. It was unlikely they were going to beat KC and their are still some kinks to workout as it's early in the season. 

This next slate of games before the bye will tell us where they are at. Vikings, Colts, Bears. They are capable of winning any of these games having the better QB and the defense will continue to round out.

BP being the voice of reason?!? I like it!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not defending Carr but our wrs run lazy routes 90% of the time. You don’t see people getting in and out of breaks or cuts fast seems like they’re just out there jogging. We need real wrs in a major way

Well hopefully Gruden really stays out of personnel moves as much as he can resist

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Someone must have hacked his account 

He had a huge, massive, angry elf rant. It spanned 6 pages. Well done introductory paragraph, thesis statement, the body of the argument which spanned 4 pages had some holes but wasn't too shabby. He ended his tirade quite poorly and you could tell he was spewing fire at that point. I deleted the whole thing and replaced it with something reasonable. 

j/k :D