Week 2 GDT: CHI (0-1) @ DEN (0-1)

Broncofan

Well Bolles only cost us 3 points, the Bears O could get that ball clocked.   

The crazy part is that the rest of the OL isn't doing a bad job, other than that horrible design to have Fant block Mack.    

The Bears O is starting to find their rhythm, so how we defend the opening drive is huge. 

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Some of y'all called me a mad man with my assessment on Bolles. Now it's coming to fruition. 

Let James play LT when he comes back before he gets hurt for the 100th time.

Dude - many of us hated the pick from the get go - and outside of 2-3 apologists, most of us have called it a missed pick given the options, but were also willing to give it time before closing the book completely - you have to with rookie/2nd year guys.   Most ppl know I called for a bunch of other options rather than Bolles 1.20 - but the point is, you wait until year 3 before you can make a firm conclusion.    I get it, there's going to be disagreement, but come on, let's not be a revisionist here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Not defending Bolles (despite the fact that I though the first call was BS).  But what do you do - put Rodgers in??  They’re going to have to live or die with him this year. 

Yeah for this game we are stuck with him.  Got to be a reckoning this week though

3 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Not defending Bolles (despite the fact that I though the first call was BS).  But what do you do - put Rodgers in??  They’re going to have to live or die with him this year. 

This year, sure.  But a benching even for a series would be a strong message.   It can be worse for sure - but it's clear he needs a super strong message.

Fangio had him play out with the 2's after committing 2 more mistakes on the starter's drive.  That was a huge message.   It didn't take.   A benching for a seres, a quarter, a half - even knowing we have an inferior talent - sometimes it's more important to and lose the battle to win the war.   Right now Bolles is losing BOTH the battles and the war.   

Given that it's only a 3 point game, I can see Bolles out there for the 3Q.   But one more penalty, with the game out of hand - I'd be all for a very public message.  That last penalty was just outrageous - not just the penalty, but the wrestling takedown.  He wasn't even trying to use technique.

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This year, sure.  But a benching even for a series would be a strong message.   It can be worse for sure - but it's clear he needs a super strong message.

Fangio had him play out with the 2's after committing 2 more mistakes on the starter's drive.  That was a huge message.   It didn't take.   A benching for a seres, a quarter, a half - even knowing we have an inferior talent - sometimes it's more important to and lose the battle to win the war.   Right now Bolles is losing BOTH the battles and the war.   

Given that it's only a 3 point game, I can see Bolles out there for the 3Q.   But one more penalty, with the game out of hand - I'd be all for a very public message.  That last penalty was just outrageous - not just the penalty, but the wrestling takedown.  He wasn't even trying to use technique.

One thing to send a message.  Another thing to get your QB killed....