Week 2 GDT: CHI (0-1) @ DEN (0-1)

Broncofan

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For all of his tools the knock that he’s not coachable just seems unchanged.   To blame the refs for his abysmal performance is just beyond ridiculous.  Lack of maturity at age 26-27 to stand up and be accountable is just an awful look.  Can’t deny his tools but it’s all technique and coachability.  

Pretty telling when the former OL analysts like Schlereth and Polumbo keep hammering Bolles.   

I said he was a meathead when we drafted him and I stand by that assertion. Million dollar body and a 10-cent head. You can’t coach stupid. He has the skills, neck-down, to be good if not elite but nothing between the ears. 

Elway and Matt “pour me another drink” Russell need to do better here. And everywhere. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Well, on the bright side the team is getting better each week. They just looked so rusty and out of game shape/sync. If only there a way to get them game like experience before the season. We can even call it that; the before-season. Where they can get four or five games against other teams that were just exhibitions, where it didn’t even matter. It won’t even have to be called the before-season. We could use some other prefix. Words are failing me now though..... 

New HC, new OC, new DC, nee schemes, new QB, lots of new players in key roles. 

And 5, count ‘em, 5, preseason games to get acclimated. What do we do? Rest everyone. 

Big mistake that has come back to haunt us. 

• Like 2

While we're at it, not playing the starters at all in preseason week 3 against the Rams was a poor decision on Fangio's part.

I understand that we had the HOF game, but he sat the starters out of that as well. The biggest problem is that the usual 2 week gap between the last time we see the starters in preseason and the regular season opener was well over 3 weeks, that's enough to make anyone rusty.

• Like 2

Playing the Rams backups also would have given our first team offense the opportunity to put some drives together and feel confident. The level of competition doesn't matter, getting the plays in and being successful at them is what would have helped.

All those 6-8 week injuries in camp scared Fangio into a rash decision. 

19 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Playing the Rams backups also would have given our first team offense the opportunity to put some drives together and feel confident. The level of competition doesn't matter, getting the plays in and being successful at them is what would have helped.

All those 6-8 week injuries in camp scared Fangio into a rash decision. 

I'm very much a fan of the 3rd game being a dress rehearsal for the starters. Give 'em a half.

I think our starters this preseason had about 3-4 series in 5 games. Thats just not enough.