Jets cut Kaare Vedvik due to costing them the game Week 1; sign Sam Ficken

TheKillerNacho

It's amazing how perfect you have to be as a kicker when you are starting your career, otherwise you get cast aside immediately after one bad game.

But when you force 4 turnovers and still lose to Josh Allen... maybe it's not just the kicker's fault.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 10

Yeah I think this is stupid. You can’t sign a guy for one week and have him with almost no rhythm with your long snapper and holder and think that suddenly it’s all his fault. Especially if he thinks ANY miss he has is going to have him get cut. Just imagine the stress any other career would be under if this was the case.

I think the Jets front office is the problem with this. At least the Vikings gave him some time to try and catch on with their special teams unit.

I feel bad for Vedvik, he hasn’t had an entire offseason with a team to really have a chance to build rapport. Especially considering that when he came to the Ravens he started as a punter that could make some kicks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah I think this is stupid. You can’t sign a guy for one week and have him with almost no rhythm with your long snapper and holder and think that suddenly it’s all his fault. Especially if he thinks ANY miss he has is going to have him get cut. Just imagine the stress any other career would be under if this was the case.

I think the Jets front office is the problem with this. At least the Vikings gave him some time to try and catch on with their special teams unit.

I feel bad for Vedvik, he hasn’t had an entire offseason with a team to really have a chance to build rapport. Especially considering that when he came to the Ravens he started as a punter that could make some kicks.

His misses were just so bad that i do not feel bad about him getting released

15 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

It's amazing how perfect you have to be as a kicker when you are starting your career, otherwise you get cast aside immediately after one bad game.

But when you force 4 turnovers and still lose to Josh Allen... maybe it's not just the kicker's fault.

I came to say the same thing except without saying Josh Allen.  If you force all those turnovers and lose to anyone, it’s not the kickers fault.  Easy on the Allen bashing Ruskie...... he’s in year two and already on the same tier as your Heisman winning quarterback!!! 😉