Game Day Thread Wk. 2 Steelers 0 - 1 vs. Seahawks 1 - 0

Steeler Hitman

I think what gives me hope about this game is the face that Seattles corners are not their strong point at all and they got real weak spots at the safety position.  I think getting Washington loose deep, then throwing in some Moncreif in spots deep can start to open up the midfield for Juju and Vance.  The hard part is we went from years of using the pass game to set up the running game, and we got to shift.  It's kinda funny that Ben said in a team interview (and others echoed) that Randy was "shell shocked" when the 3rd and 1 run was stopped (really?) and drifted away from running the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Lockett is sort of their Phillip Dorsett.

My concern is Wilson getting loose in the open field

I like our speed on defense. I think our defense is going to ball out this season. We just got popped in the mouth by the best team in the NFL with the GOAT coach and QB and it shellshocked them. I think we're going to see our best defense since 2011. We'll see some real growth, I'd bet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Meh. 4 for 78 with 1 going for 42.  All 4 catches were body catched and were pretty much wide open.  It seems Tyler Lockett will be out and he's the WR that scares me more.

Body catches only matter when the catch is contested. Can we contest?  100+ and a TD seems inevitable.

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No Poona Ford (god I wish we snagged him) or Ziggy Ansah for the Seahawks.  Ben might be staying clean this week.

the OL has pass pro, but the OC doesn't want to run and the run blocking when called upon last week was serious lacking.   Ben doesn't play CB2, FS or SS for the steelers either ;) This team needs HOF players there or at least close to that. Haden is out and edmunds might be another wasted RD1 pick and kelly is  reserve that could only play for this steelers team. The only legit starter is a UFA from this offseason in Nelson. Wilson should be able to throw for yards and TD's  if he gets the time. 

In the past would have expected a low scoring game, but looking at this, I can't see the hawks not being able to get a fair amount of points.