Game Day Thread Wk. 2 Steelers 0 - 1 vs. Seahawks 1 - 0

Steeler Hitman

56 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The longer we cling to the past, the worse off we will be for the future.

The front office and coaching staff needs a page 1 rewrite as soon as possible. 

This is what I'm saying. Look at Philadelphia. They essentially did a hard reset and moved on from a "good, not great" era to a Super Bowl in 2 years. But it all started with being willing to get a new coach and QB. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the coach thing but am on the QB thing.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I would have liked Tate and Weddle. I didnt think Moncrief was a steal but really felt there was logic to the idea that Moncrief has had limited quality QB play.

I feel like I'm pretty good at evaluating players to an extent, not as good as some of you. I was way off on Moncrief.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I thought Moncrief could be decent for us too...at least until James Washington got acclimated.

I really dropped the ball on that one.

I was there in support of Moncrief as well. Just not mentally there. It will be tough for him to earn a spot to make things right.  He has to be relegated to the #5.  I would not be surprised to see more changes/cuts/shifts in responsibility.

BTW: Where has Ola been? Why isn't he out there more? We keep playing with Chick.

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Additional Comment

27 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This is what I'm saying. Look at Philadelphia. They essentially did a hard reset and moved on from a "good, not great" era to a Super Bowl in 2 years. But it all started with being willing to get a new coach and QB. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the coach thing but am on the QB thing.

How is them Drafting Wentz after McNabb and switching from Reid to Peterson any different then drafting Ben and hiring Tomlin? It's the same thing only now it's the Eagle's turn.  

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

How is them Drafting Wentz after McNabb and switching from Reid to Peterson any different then drafting Ben and hiring Tomlin? It's the same thing only now it's the Eagle's turn.  

Because what they did would be like us trading up for Tua this year and firing Tomlin for a new HC.

Just now, warfelg said:

I don't see what that has to do with it.  I rather be aggressive and get the guy rather than sit back.  Being reactive is what's killing us right now.

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I said what the Eagles did by drafting a QB early and hiring a new coach is NO different then what the Steelers did 15 years ago. But the Eagles get praise.  Why?  Cause they traded up? The Steelers didn't have to.  A franchise QB fell in their lap.  It's not there fault. 

Just now, Chieferific said:

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I said what the Eagles did by drafting a QB early and hiring a new coach is NO different then what the Steelers did 15 years ago. But the Eagles get praise.  Why?  Cause they traded up? The Steelers didn't have to.  A franchise QB fell in their lap.  It's not there fault. 

Except it's very different.

Just now, Chieferific said:

How? Because they traded up? I don't get it. What did the Eagles do that the Steelers didn't when they were dominant years ago?

Steelers had the same FO, same Coach, drafted #11 and lucked into Ben being there.  We just came off a year with a bunch of injuries and bad breaks.

Eagles were coming with a new FO, new Coach, drafting much lower and moved up twice to get into better position to get their QB of the future.  

The Eagles rebuilt on the fly while remaining competitive.  We took a good team and added a good QB with literally rebuilding nothing else.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Steelers had the same FO, same Coach, drafted #11 and lucked into Ben being there.  We just came off a year with a bunch of injuries and bad breaks.

Eagles were coming with a new FO, new Coach, drafting much lower and moved up twice to get into better position to get their QB of the future.  

The Eagles rebuilt on the fly while remaining competitive.  We took a good team and added a good QB with literally rebuilding nothing else.

But they knew either Ben or Rivers was gonna be there. Why trade up? The gotta new coach 2 years later. The original coach/FO won a SB in 2 years. So that was the right call. Then they got a new coach who won also. That was the right call.  Seem like you're just living in the moment and forgetting the past.  

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

But they knew either Ben or Rivers was gonna be there. Why trade up? The gotta new coach 2 years later. The original coach/FO won a SB in 2 years. So that was the right call. Then they got a new coach who won also. That was the right call.  Seem like you're just living in the moment and forgetting the past.  

No not forgetting the past....just not seeing any similarities.

BTW I don't think they knew either was going to be there based on reports that Stacy Andrews was almost the pick.  Browns really needed a QB that year too.