More Trub fallout, now he can't talk about past performances!

malagabears

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Not sure what that means. But to dismiss all those offensive starters not playing in the preseason ISN'T a stretch. Made even more clear by professional sports writers talking about it. 

Professional sports writers talking about it =/= truth. Professional sports writers are professional writers, the sports part is their opinion... and not everyone is talking about it, making it even a further stretch that it's truth.

What's so confusing here? What don't you know? Not sure how much clearer I can be. I never said Trubisky was good. I just said that it's not a "problem" since it's one game. I also said his bad game wasn't a result of a lack of preseason snaps. I also said Nagy and the OL were worse than Trubisky. The root of the conversation he and I had was him posting that a Browns writer thought Mayfield should have played more in August. In turn he essentially said "see?! I'm right. He stunk because he didn't play in the preseason!" 

How is this not clear?

Edited by beardown3231

Blaming failure on not playing in the preseason is a perfect example of correlation not implying causation. The Rams played their starters less than the Bears and they were fine. Not playing starters was a league-wide pandemic that everyone was talking about. It's now being used as a lazy talking-point by sports writers who don't want to look deeper. For evidence of that, look at how players have responded when asked about the issue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Blaming failure on not playing in the preseason is a perfect example of correlation not implying causation. The Rams played their starters less than the Bears and they were fine. Not playing starters was a league-wide pandemic that everyone was talking about. It's now being used as a lazy talking-point by sports writers who don't want to look deeper. For evidence of that, look at how players have responded when asked about the issue.

Jared Goff had a near identical statline to Trubisky.  The QBs who didnt play any preseason snaps were pretty much all bad last week.  There is definitely something to be said about that.  The QB who didnt play in the preseason at all who had the best game was probably Wentz, and HE was bad until the last 4 mins of that game.  You can say it's just a talking point, but the reality is that offenses have always been behind the defenses to start the year, and QBs and OL not playing the preseason is not going to help that and seems to make it worse.  The question I keep asking is what is worth more, the early offensive cohesion or protecting against injury.  It's a valid question, and there is no concrete right answer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Jared Goff had a near identical statline to Trubisky.  The QBs who didnt play any preseason snaps were pretty much all bad last week.  There is definitely something to be said about that.  The QB who didnt play in the preseason at all who had the best game was probably Wentz, and HE was bad until the last 4 mins of that game.  You can say it's just a talking point, but the reality is that offenses have always been behind the defenses to start the year, and QBs and OL not playing the preseason is not going to help that and seems to make it worse.  The question I keep asking is what is worth more, the early offensive cohesion or protecting against injury.  It's a valid question, and there is no concrete right answer.

Consequently there were 3 QB's in the bottom 10 of preseason snaps that were awesome in week one.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He had 3 passing TDs between the 2nd and 3rd quarters...

Rivers didn't play in the preseason and was also very good in week 1.

• Like 1

Here's a list of the 10 QBs who played the most in the preseason:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dolphins: 64
2. Kyler Murray, Cardinals: 60
3. Josh Allen, Bills: 57
T-4. Case Keenum, Redskins: 56
T-4. Jameis Winston, Buccaneers: 56
6. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 55
7. Kirk Cousins, Vikings: 48
8. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers: 47
9. Sam Darnold, Jets: 45
10. Russell Wilson, Seahawks: 44

19 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Here's a list of the 10 QBs who played the most in the preseason:

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dolphins: 64
2. Kyler Murray, Cardinals: 60
3. Josh Allen, Bills: 57
T-4. Case Keenum, Redskins: 56
T-4. Jameis Winston, Buccaneers: 56
6. Matt Ryan, Falcons: 55
7. Kirk Cousins, Vikings: 48
8. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers: 47
9. Sam Darnold, Jets: 45
10. Russell Wilson, Seahawks: 44

I already tried this and I was told I'm cherry picking.

I then talked about how Mayfield played more than Jackson, Brissett, Stafford, Prescott, and Mariota and I was told it was cherry picking.

We won't win this.

18 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Professional sports writers talking about it =/= truth. Professional sports writers are professional writers, the sports part is their opinion... and not everyone is talking about it, making it even a further stretch that it's truth.

What's so confusing here? What don't you know? Not sure how much clearer I can be. I never said Trubisky was good. I just said that it's not a "problem" since it's one game. I also said his bad game wasn't a result of a lack of preseason snaps. I also said Nagy and the OL were worse than Trubisky. The root of the conversation he and I had was him posting that a Browns writer thought Mayfield should have played more in August. In turn he essentially said "see?! I'm right. He stunk because he didn't play in the preseason!" 

How is this not clear?

What do you think happens next? How does this season play out? Beginning of the end? Or sort of a middling affair? 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

What are you saying nope'ing? Goff played less than Trubisky in this preseason and last, so yep not nope. Also the Rams were fine last year when they went to the Super Bowl despite that & fine this year winning a road game in week 1, so yep not nope.

The Rams didn't play all that well. They also didn't play their starters less than the Bears in the pre-season. 

Edited by Heinz D.

12 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The Rams didn't play all that well. They also didn't play their starters less than the Bears in the pre-season. 

I suggest you go look at who they played in the preseason, they definitely did play their starters less. As for the other part I don't really care how much they play in the preseason, but at least come out of the first game looking like you practice something through out camp and practice.