More Trub fallout, now he can't talk about past performances!

malagabears

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Some of you guys are overreacting to this...

I get why they don't want Mitch to talk about the last game.  It's week 2.  Dwelling on a bad week 1 performance isn't going to do anybody any good. 

He already answered to the media following the loss last Thursday and I'm pretty sure he feels terribly about that performance...nobody needs to remind him.  Also it's not a productive exercise to ask him about the thought process when it came to certain play calls.  Why tip anything off?  Some questions just don't need to be asked. 

If anyone is trying to rattle this guy's confidence it's the Chicago media and not the team.

I mean it does sound like someone in the team is saying his confidence is on edge right now according to that report from last night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean it does sound like someone in the team is saying his confidence is on edge right now according to that report from last night. 

The report from Dan Wiederer says concerns inside Halas Hall about Mitch's confidence are very real...

Concerns among who..the media?  If they are saying the concerns are coming from the team then they are just speculating based on the PR staff telling Mitch not to talk about week 1.

That's garbage reporting IMO.

As always, go to the source.  He DID say "I was told not to talk about the last game"

BUT

He was grinning right before he said it, looking off to the side, grinning after, and he DID talk about the last game. 

People and situations are complex, and as always a clip or soundbite can be used to illustrate any point you want to make. 

Anyone not concerned after last week is insane, but we have to stop looking for reasons to freak out.

Also, RIch Campbell and Dan Weiderer could win the lottery and complain about traffic getting home from the bank.  Perhaps they're a needed check on fans, but those two down me out even after a win. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

As always, go to the source.  He DID say "I was told not to talk about the last game"

BUT

He was grinning right before he said it, looking off to the side, grinning after, and he DID talk about the last game. 

People and situations are complex, and as always a clip or soundbite can be used to illustrate any point you want to make. 

Anyone not concerned after last week is insane, but we have to stop looking for reasons to freak out.

Also, RIch Campbell and Dan Weiderer could win the lottery and complain about traffic getting home from the bank.  Perhaps they're a needed check on fans, but those two down me out even after a win. 

Preach. In a damn 12-4 season Rich Campbell earned himself an unfollow from me for his negativity. I get controversy equals more sales/clicks, but everthing he says seems to have an odd negative edge to it.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What? I'm referring to the fact that people are discussing that Mitch said he was told not to comment on the Green Bay game. That's it. I'm not talking about his play, his relationships, his talent, etc.

The headline is click bait. He said it, the entire room laughed including him, and he answered every question about the game thereafter.

But that's what he did say and when asked specifically about that 3rd and 1 RPO play where he tried to pass and got stopped he said he wasn't permitted to discuss it and a Bears rep standing there confirmed it.  That's what everyone laughed about.

You posted that it's a non-story and I disagree with you.  It's is part of the story.

Do the Bears now need to send him out to his pressers with a baby sitter who will advise the media what he can and can't talk about? 

When have you ever seen that happen before?

Edited by soulman

1 minute ago, RJ_11 said:

Preach. In a damn 12-4 season Rich Campbell earned himself an unfollow from me for his negativity. I get controversy equals more sales/clicks, but everthing he says seems to have an odd negative edge to it.

I spend a lot of time in the truck moving boats around, or recently moving my parent's somehow-they-have-4-generations-worth-of-crap stuff around town, and love the podcasts.  Bear Download slid down my rankings last year quite a bit.  It was always "Yes, the defense is amazing, but...WHAT IF THEY AREN'T" kind of stuff. For me it's: Hoge and Jahns, Robert K Schmitz's thing, Chicago Audible, Bears over Beers.  If people on here ever make one I'll listen to that too!

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The report from Dan Wiederer says concerns inside Halas Hall about Mitch's confidence are very real...

Concerns among who..the media?  If they are saying the concerns are coming from the team then they are just speculating based on the PR staff telling Mitch not to talk about week 1.

That's garbage reporting IMO.

Well if those concerns are coming from "inside Halas Hall" then they're not coming from the media right?

You're questioning whether or not it's true or Wiederer is simply making up a story that fits his narrative.

Based on how closely they seem to be guarding Mitch's psyche and his comments right now I'd tend toward the believable.  It's not at all uncommon for the media to ask about a specific play or strategy that failed because we've been discussing the same things.  What's uncommon is for a team rep to tell the media he's not gonna talk about that and be there to make certain he doesn't.

I think some of you aren't seeing just how strange that is.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Well if those concerns are coming from "inside Halas Hall" then they're not coming from the media right?

You're questioning whether or not it's true or Wiederer is simply making up a story that fits his narrative.

Based on how closely they seem to be guarding Mitch's psyche and his comments right now I'd tend toward the believable.  It's not at all uncommon for the media to ask about a specific play or strategy that failed because we've been discussing the same things.  What's uncommon is for a team rep to tell the media he's not gonna talk about that and be there to make certain he doesn't.

I think some of you aren't seeing just how strange that is.

It takes one player, one scout, one coach, for this story to be true.

If you do not think they have serious concerns about him inside Halas Hall you are crazy. I love the Bears and watching football on Sunday is a highlight of my week, but Mitch is not a life altering thing for me.

If he sucks there are coaches, scouts, players that are going to flat out lose their jobs because of it. If you do not think those people are feeling anxious and perhaps venting a little you are crazy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Once again this is a non story. If you heard him say it you would've heard everyone including him laugh about it. He talked about the game at length

Don't make this into something it isn't

Great post. I didn't even watch the press conference so I'm going off what the media says - which is NEVER a sound way to handle it.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It takes one player, one scout, one coach, for this story to be true.

If you do not think they have serious concerns about him inside Halas Hall you are crazy. I love the Bears and watching football on Sunday is a highlight of my week, but Mitch is not a life altering thing for me.

If he sucks there are coaches, scouts, players that are going to flat out lose their jobs because of it. If you do not think those people are feeling anxious and perhaps venting a little you are crazy.

So then what you're saying is you agree?  The story is more likely to be true than false?

Personally I don't believe Wiederer is simply theorizing.  There are legitimate reasons to be concerned when your third year QB who was the #2 overall pick in his draft shows up and has regressed that badly after we were all told how much he's progressed all summer long.

I'm not panicking about it or even about Sundays game.  It's a toss up as far as I'm concerned if only because we're now back to the same old "good QB" vs "bad QB" deal we went through with Jay Cutler for seven years and that is enough to at least be concerned about.

I'm only facing down reality here looking solely at facts and those facts tell me we are anything but certain yet that we have what we've been led to believe we may have in Mitch Trubisky.  It's still too early in the season to confirm but the inconsistency is very interlinked with the talent and if that doesn't disappear as the year progresses and Mitch should become more familiar with the offense and therefore more confident operating it we do have a major problem staring us down as a team.  That's my reality.

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I hate how friendly the Bears media is with the team.

Nagy should get only asked questions about 3 things tomorrow

1. Preseason reps

2. Mitch not being able to speak freely

3. 33 straight pass plays when your QB is playing terrible.

Nothing else.

1. Preseason reps - Nagy already answered this numerous times in the past.  He clearly values starter health over preseason reps.  Some people might not agree with that approach, but you can't have it both ways in saying that you want starters healthy for the regular season yet complain about preseason reps when the team comes out flat early in the season.

2. Mitch not being able to speak freely  - Nagy already stated that he doesn't like to dwell on things and I'm sure he has his players take a similar approach to that.  The time to speak freely about this  poor performance was directly after the game last Thursday which both Nagy and Mitch did and the following day media availability which Nagy did.  Only losers continue to talk about the past.  Belichick is a prime example of not doing this.

3. 33 straight pass plays when your QB is playing terrible. - Nagy already alluded to this by saying a lot of those calls were RPO's and that they need to establish a better rhythm offensively moving forward.  He owned up to it by saying he did a bad job in preparing the team for week 1.  I don't think this game needs to be re-hashed any further at this point.  Let's see how they do on Sunday.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I hate how friendly the Bears media is with the team.

Nagy should get only asked questions about 3 things tomorrow

1. Preseason reps

2. Mitch not being able to speak freely

3. 33 straight pass plays when your QB is playing terrible.

Nothing else.

OH MY GOD, HE IS ABLE TO TALK FREELY. WHAT IS THIS FORUM COMING TO?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, soulman said:

But that's what he did say and when asked specifically about that 3rd and 1 RPO play where he tried to pass and got stopped he said he wasn't permitted to discuss it and a Bears rep standing there confirmed it.  That's what everyone laughed about.

You posted that it's a non-story and I disagree with you.  It's is part of the story.

Do the Bears now need to send him out to his pressers with a baby sitter who will advise the media what he can and can't talk about? 

When have you ever seen that happen before?

What? Yes he was asked about the RPO. Yes he said that he can't talk about it. Yes he grinned. He also went on to talk about the RPO and answer every question asked about the Packers game. Why is this so difficult?

I don't WANT Nagy or Trubisky to detail the intricacies of our ******* RPO game. The media doesn't need to know that, we as fans don't need to know that, and for ****'s sake our OPPONENTS shouldn't have our basic offensive plays broken down for them.

Jesus Christ this Chicago-sports media... you give them an inch and they want a mile. They should be grateful for whatever info Nagy and friends gives them, especially compared to how John Fox treated them.

• Like 2