More Trub fallout, now he can't talk about past performances!

malagabears

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't WANT Nagy or Trubisky to detail the intricacies of our ******* RPO game. The media doesn't need to know that, we as fans don't need to know that, and for ****'s sake our OPPONENTS shouldn't have our basic offensive plays broken down for them.

Jesus Christ this Chicago-sports media... you give them an inch and they want a mile. They should be grateful for whatever info Nagy and friends gives them, especially compared to how John Fox treated them.

Other teams already know their RPO game, that is why Pettine shoved it down their throats.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

So then what you're saying is you agree?  The story is more likely to be true than false?

Personally I don't believe Wiederer is simply theorizing.  There are legitimate reasons to be concerned when your third year QB who was the #2 overall pick in his draft shows up and has regressed that badly after we were all told how much he's progressed all summer long.

I'm not panicking about it or even about Sundays game.  It's a toss up as far as I'm concerned if only because we're now back to the same old "good QB" vs "bad QB" deal we went through with Jay Cutler for seven years and that is enough to at least be concerned about.

I'm only facing down reality here looking solely at facts and those facts tell me we are anything but certain yet that we have what we've been led to believe we may have in Mitch Trubisky.  It's still too early in the season to confirm but the inconsistency is very interlinked with the talent and if that doesn't disappear as the year progresses and Mitch should become more familiar with the offense and therefore more confident operating it we do have a major problem staring us down as a team.  That's my reality.

100% the report is real.

No way everyone in that building is still singing from the hymnal of Trubisky.

@beardown3231 @topwop1  Also, how many times is he going to be asked about not kicking the field goal?

Here is basic human nature at work at its worst.

The questions are not for curious information. ONLY point of them is to get the interviewee to say they  f'd up and screwed the pooch.   Say it!!!  Say It!!! SAY IT!!!!!!!  AHHHH!!!!  AHHHHH!!!!   (Sam Kenison- Back to School)

They do it to politicians all the time.  It's a trap.  If you admit you screwed up it never ends it or makes it better.   It just makes it worse.

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What are you talking about? He looked over to the PR staff ONE TIME and it was that question. He grinned, they laughed and he went on to answer the question.

OK, I may have made a mountain out of a molehill but I think we can agree part of Mitch's problem is his confidenxe level on some schemed plays that involve RPO reads. Can we agree on that much?

58 minutes ago, malagabears said:

OK, I may have made a mountain out of a molehill but I think we can agree part of Mitch's problem is his confidenxe level on some schemed plays that involve RPO reads. Can we agree on that much?

I can agree with that. I said as much earlier. Wiederer might be making something out of nothing...or maybe his confidence really is shot. That's very worrisome if it is. I just think on 9/12/19 it's too early to tell.

27 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Do you really take what that guy says seriously?

1000000%. Hub is a joke and everyone at HH would agree. He lost his connections years ago.

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Hoge and Jahns discuss it at length on todays podcast if that works better for you.

Go watch the PC. It's on the Bears app. He did not look at Faber "every" question. Not even close, dude.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

100% the report is real.

No way everyone in that building is still singing from the hymnal of Trubisky.

No way everyone was singing the hymnal from the beginning. Everyone is a lot of people.

• Like 1

I'm gonna let you all believe whatever you like simply because that's what I do and fair is fair.

But for those who still believe that a lack of work in preseason had no impact on the Bears last Thursday and that no other teams had the same problem.....READ ON.  Here's another offense and QB who were hyped all summer long.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brown-have-bigger-problems-than-odell-beckhams-watch-namely-protecting-baker-mayfield-191120828.html

Browns have bigger problems than Odell Beckham’s watch, namely protecting Baker Mayfield

Yahoo Sports Terez Paylor,Yahoo Sports Wed, Sep 11 1:11 PM MDT

What you saw in Cleveland on Sunday was exactly what happens when one team gets lots of hype and a worthy opponent gets roundly ignored. The Titans bludgeoned the Browns 43-13 as they played with an aggressiveness the Browns failed to match, at least until after the game.

“Don’t ask me no questions like that,” Browns receiver Jarvis Landry hissed, when asked about whether Cleveland’s dud was a byproduct of a lack of preseason reps together.

Before we bury Cleveland, who is seeking a big turnaround heading into its Monday night matchup on the road against the New York Jets, it’s important to take a step back and look at why the NFL’s most-hyped offense struggled so much in the season opener.

So without further ado, the first item of my “Things I Noticed” weekly column of the 2019 NFL season is …

CLEVELAND, OH - SEPTEMBER 08: Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield (6) throws as he goes down as Tennessee Titans cornerback Logan Ryan (26) applies pressure during the second quarter of the National Football League game between the Tennessee Titans and Cleveland Browns on September 8, 2019, at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, OH. (Photo by Frank Jansky/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield got too familiar with the turf for Cleveland's liking. (Getty Images)

1. The Browns have protection issues and they’ll need to respond vs. a familiar face

The Browns got their ***** kicked Sunday because they got their ***** kicked up front.

Baker Mayfield had an uneven one touchdown, three interception performance as he was sacked five times and hurried seven times. It was a stark contrast to a year ago, when the Browns’ offensive line kept Mayfield from being sacked in five of the team’s last seven games.

I detailed this more in the video atop of this page. Most of the Titans’ pass rush came off the edge, especially when left tackle Greg Robinson — the starter during the Browns’ strong close to the 2018 season — was ejected in the first half.

Right tackle Chris Hubbard, the other bookend starter a year ago, took his place while Justin McCray slotted in on the right side. Between the two of them, they had a rough day, yielding multiple pressures and sacks.

The Browns also fell down by 20 points in the fourth quarter, allowing the Titans to tee off against the pass, which can make even the best line look foolish. So there’s enough blame to go around, as Mayfield was responsible for some of the sacks and pressures by holding the ball too long.

“I think he will continue to get better with his eyes and put his eyes in the right place,” Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said. “He will continue to get better, and the ball will start coming out quicker.”

Things would have been different if Robinson didn’t get thrown out of the game, but the Browns’ protection issues deserve scrutiny going forward, especially with Monday’s road test looming against the Jets, who racked up nine quarterback hits in a loss against the Bills in Week 1. New York defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has never met a blitz he didn’t like and he has detailed knowledge of Mayfield’s habits as Cleveland’s interim head coach last season.

These days, the only thing that can sabotage a high-flying NFL offense is if the quarterback is being harassed too much. Here’s hoping, for the sake of one of the league’s most blustery (but interesting!) teams, that it doesn’t prove to be a long-term trend in Cleveland.