Week 2 GDT: Bills return to New Jersey

Trentwannabe

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Whelp there goes his rookie season. Hammys linger forever. 

Depends on the severity. Some heal completely in a week or two. Others last awhile. And depends on a player. Some player just get healthy faster. Seeing as Singletary has been very healthy his entire career. I'm guessing he heals quick

One thing I noticed greatly in this game that we always see in Buffalo sports (Bills or Sabres) is that once we get a lead, we like to just coast. First half was great and then the 3rd Q came and there was like nothing. It took the Giants coming within one score for us to fire it back up again and separate ourselves. I get you may want to eliminate the chance of making mistakes shifting momentum, but c'mon, being way to conservative.

We were only up by 2 scores. That can flip real fast. Not saying we have to be like NE and you know, keep throwing the ball with 3 mins left in the game while up 40-0 but at least go for the more comfortable lead than just two scores.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

One thing I noticed greatly in this game that we always see in Buffalo sports (Bills or Sabres) is that once we get a lead, we like to just coast. First half was great and then the 3rd Q came and there was like nothing. It took the Giants coming within one score for us to fire it back up again and separate ourselves. I get you may want to eliminate the chance of making mistakes shifting momentum, but c'mon, being way to conservative.

We were only up by 2 scores. That can flip real fast. Not saying we have to be like NE and you know, keep throwing the ball with 3 mins left in the game while up 40-0 but at least go for the more comfortable lead than just two scores.

I agree.

Daboll called a  great first half and even 4th quarter but that 3rd quarter when we had our foot on their throats, we should have stomped down and led up. Hopefully Sinlgetary isn't too injured and the staff realizes getting him the ball more means good things.

Good start to the season. I was optimistic about this team before the season started and obviously had good reason to. I'm excited to see Josh progress through the season. He's looked as advertised so far and I want to see him be consistent. 2 good weeks in a row is a very positive sign for us. Like others mentioned, the Bengals are an inferior team...so we need to take advantage of them but not take them lightly. I think McDermott does a good job not letting the players get too high on themselves, so let's see how that works. The stadium will be ROCKING on Sunday. 

38 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I expect a big game next week from Allen

Home opener, NE on the horizon as a potentially massive game for divisional purposes early, I think Allen comes out and sets the table 

I hope you're right. Would love to see him get 300 yards. Though with how terrible the Bengals run defense is, I expect a lot of Gore and Singletary.

21 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I hope you're right. Would love to see him get 300 yards. Though with how terrible the Bengals run defense is, I expect a lot of Gore and Singletary.

Hope Singletary's hammy is alright. I actually thought he may have been cramping up based on how he went from unable to walk to walking around on the sideline with his helmet a few minutes afterwards.