Taco TRADED to FA for roster spot

Matts4313

“I think they would shoot for a five [round draft pick] right now, I really do. I don’t think there’s a, you know, you’re going to get a whole lot of value there. I know there’s a team that they’re talking to, I don’t want to get into the team because I don’t want to hurt their chances with the team. But there’s a team they’re talking to about another player on that team at a position that can help them.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/9/11/20859827/report-cowboys-talking-to-another-team-about-another-player-in-regards-to-taco-charlton

Wonder what team/position we could be looking at?

Edited by Matts4313

Didn't Taco play well in the preseason? And since the pass rush did not step up and do anything why are we even entertaining this at this point. I feel Taco is certainly more valuable then any 5th round pick at this time. I also feel we shouldn't trade for a safety until we get at least one year look at our new first year ball-hawking safety.

Edited by resilient part 2

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think it has to be defense.

I'd take Minkah Fitzpatrick.

At what position, though? I don’t think we’d trade for him with the expectation of letting Byron Jones walk after this season. Chido has been steadily improving, so I don’t see a fit there, either. If we play him at slot corner, we lose Jourdan Lewis, which makes little sense because he’s played really well. So, maybe free safety? It would move Xavier Woods to strong safety if he bulks up a bit (and God help any WR crossing the middle of the field) and push Jeff Heath off the team, which would both be positive things.

• Like 1