Taco TRADED to FA for roster spot

Matts4313

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

At what position, though? I don’t think we’d trade for him with the expectation of letting Byron Jones walk after this season. Chido has been steadily improving, so I don’t see a fit there, either. If we play him at slot corner, we lose Jourdan Lewis, which makes little sense because he’s played really well. So, maybe free safety? It would move Xavier Woods to strong safety if he bulks up a bit (and God help any WR crossing the middle of the field) and push Jeff Heath off the team, which would both be positive things.

Yeah, I would want it at S. I could see us rolling with 3 S looks often in nickle looks which would be great with Minkah.

I Don't want to stunt the growth of our promising young "Ed Reed" by making a trade. Let's see how he looks after a full season. Hold on to Taco until/if we have a player go down to injury. Then we will have a need and a player to give up. 

Separate topic, but I am pissed our first pick Hill can't even get on the field. Though Dallas is deep at that position, why even draft a guy who doesn't see the field.

Between Hill and Taco giving us nothing makes me wonder about all the other players we could have drafted that might/would push us even better than we are...

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I Don't want to stunt the growth of our promising young "Ed Reed" by making a trade. Let's see how he looks after a full season. Hold on to Taco until/if we have a player go down to injury. Then we will have a need and a player to give up. 

Separate topic, but I am pissed our first pick Hill can't even get on the field. Though Dallas is deep at that position, why even draft a guy who doesn't see the field.

Between Hill and Taco giving us nothing makes me wonder about all the other players we could have drafted that might/would push us even better than we are...

Hill has an excuse. Rookie 2nd rounders often dont make early contributions. Especially on a deep DL.

Taco is going to stay inactive until he is traded. They dont want him to get injured. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hill has an excuse. Rookie 2nd rounders often dont make early contributions. Especially on a deep DL.

Taco is going to stay inactive until he is traded. They dont want him to get injured. 

And what do you hope or expect Dallas to get for taco realistically speaking and if the answer is a low draft pick do you consider it worth it?

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

And what do you hope or expect Dallas to get for taco realistically speaking and if the answer is a low draft pick do you consider it worth it?

Virtually nothing. Low draft pick or some other teams draft bust. 

I dont think they plan to use Taco this season. I think Quinn is taking the starting RDE spot in a week. And possibly Gregory when he gets back. 

Taco is a sunk cost bust for us. Get what you can and get out. 

37 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

He’s our 6th DE right now even with Gregory and Quinn suspended. If/when they return there is virtually no way he can keep his roster spot, much less see the field. We should take whatever we can get.

Edited by matt79511

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, ultimately, I realize that fans over-value 1st round picks, but if a team is pretty confident they're going to be picking in the mid-20's onward, a 1st round pick is actually fair compensation for Fitzpatrick considering you still have 4 seasons of control (including the 5th-year option) with only like $2M left owed to him on his rookie deal because Miami frontloaded it so much.  You're effectively adding "next year's 1st rounder" to your roster now and knowing you're getting a multi-tool DB capable of playing in several spots.  If that kind of player is a need for your team, in my estimation, it's a good deal.