Taco TRADED to FA for roster spot

Matts4313

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I mean, ultimately, I realize that fans over-value 1st round picks, but if a team is pretty confident they're going to be picking in the mid-20's onward, a 1st round pick is actually fair compensation for Fitzpatrick considering you still have 4 seasons of control (including the 5th-year option) with only like $2M left owed to him on his rookie deal because Miami frontloaded it so much.  You're effectively adding "next year's 1st rounder" to your roster now and knowing you're getting a multi-tool DB capable of playing in several spots.  If that kind of player is a need for your team, in my estimation, it's a good deal.

We did it last year with Cooper and it worked. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We need to hop on this quick. Giving up a 2nd round pick for a top 10 draft talent in the secondary while we might lose Byron Jones and Anthony Brown to FA is a great save.

Not to mention It'd be a great depth at secondary for this year and who knows what he could flourish into under Kris Richard this year.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

17 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I love Minkah, but I think a team as draft-focused as ours would be reticent to sacrifice its first round pick in consecutive years.

No one saw the Amari deal happening though, so who knows.

Our FO seems to value youth and being able to develop young talent. Hence why we paid such a steep price for Amari. 

Minkah fits that bill very well. Also we have to think would be be able to get someone of his talent in the 2nd round and essentially hes one year removed from his rookie year so age isn't an issue.

I'd be pissed if we passed on Minkah with a 2nd. That kinda move would make our roster better today and tomorrow.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Our FO seems to value youth and being able to develop young talent. Hence why we paid such a steep price for Amari. 

Minkah fits that bill very well. Also we have to think would be be able to get someone of his talent in the 2nd round and essentially hes one year removed from his rookie year so age isn't an issue.

I'd be pissed if we passed on Minkah with a 2nd. That kinda move would make our roster better today and tomorrow.

Yeah I would do Taco and a 2nd for sure.

Minkah's contract is roughly 3 years, $6M for whoever trades for him. His remaining dead cap from his signing bonus is greater than his combined salaries through the end of his contract. His 5th-year option is also the cheaper of the two varieties as he was picked outside of the Top 10.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Love the idea but who do you play?

We already dont have enough playing time for Lewis when Byron comes back.

it just adds depth this year but next year he could be our starting slot corner before even free agency starts. Now imagine taking out heath on passing downs and put MF in there. Golden. Mix/Match with Woods and Wilson and now we have a crew of ball hawking safeties.

It. just. makes. too. much. sense.