Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

patriotsheatyan

Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

• Mayfield
    • Jackson

28 minutes ago, jg77 said:

Lamar Jackson - I don't think any QB from the 2018 draft class can read a defense better than Lamar.

Baker looks lost this season.

So Lamar pretty easily for me.

-Jackson played the two worst teams in the NFL, bro relax....

-Baker was lost because he just played against his defensive coordinator/Head coach from last year and had a whole off season to prepare for this, Williams more than anyone knew the scouting report on Baker and did a good job.

-Such a hot take poll....

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Jackson played the two worst teams in the NFL, bro relax....

-Baker was lost because he just played against his defensive coordinator/Head coach from last year and had a whole off season to prepare for this, Williams more than anyone knew the scouting report on Baker and did a good job.

-Such a hot take poll....

very convenient excuses. lamar has been playing two of the worst teams, but the titans and jets are combined 1-3, the 1 win coming from beating the browns.

if you want to say baker was playing against his coordinator, then i can say lamar was playing against a defense that was facing a similar dual threat QB all training camp(kyler murray).

Edited by RavensDefense3

10 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

very convenient excuses. lamar has been playing two of the worst teams, but the titans and jets are combined 1-3, the 1 win coming from beating the browns.

if you want to say baker was playing against his coordinator, then i can say lamar was playing against a defense that was facing a similar dual threat QB all training camp(kyler murray).

lol.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

lol.

not sure what you're lolling about. He's complaining lamar's played bad teams, meanwhile baker's opponents are 1-3. The sole win coming against the browns.

And of course the coordinator knows baker excuse. The cardinals D also knows how to play against a mobile qb like lamar but you dont see anyone giving excuses.

It's not that different, but baker looks like trash, and Lamar is playing at an MVP level.

Ive said it all along, bakers going to bust and he's on his way to proving me right.

2 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

not sure what you're lolling about. He's complaining lamar's played bad teams, meanwhile baker's opponents are 1-3. The sole win coming against the browns.

And of course the coordinator knows baker excuse. The cardinals D also knows how to play against a mobile qb like lamar but you dont see anyone giving excuses.

It's not that different, but baker looks like trash, and Lamar is playing at an MVP level.

Ive said it all along, bakers going to bust and he's on his way to proving me right.

I don't think Baker will bust. But I think Lamar will be clearly better going forward....already is better too

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Bro, it's two games into the season. Lamar beat up a Miami Dolphins team that so far is looking like it might go down as the worst team of all time. And then he beat Arizona at Baltimore, a team that just had the first overall pick and had the 26th worst defense in the league last year.

Meanwhile, Baker played against a good Titans team (and especially a good defense) and a solid Jets defense whose coordinator knows Baker probably more than any other defensive coordinator in the league.

There's no doubt that Lamar has played better than Baker thus far, but it's been two games. The "Baker is a bust" and Lamar "is a legit MVP candidate" talk is entirely premature. Just like I thought the talk of Baker already being a borderline top 10 QB and Lamar being trash was premature going into the season.

Lamar won't face any legitimately top defenses for several more weeks when he faces Seattle and New England. If he lights those defenses up, I will give him even more credit for his play this year.

1 hour ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Two poor defenses vs two very good defenses. But hey, whatever fits your narrative

59 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

Sounds like a Michigan with it's infamous "September Heisman", lets see where all that talk is after week 10 when he will play against some real defenses......

After an entire offseason being told by Browns fans that Lamar Jackson was a glorified running back who would never improve based on 3 bad quarters against the Chargers, it sure is fun to learn now that 1 or 2 games is in fact NOT enough to judge a quarterback off of, and that whatever flaws they've shown recently can be corrected! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

After an entire offseason being told by Browns fans that Lamar Jackson was a glorified running back who would never improve based on 3 bad quarters against the Chargers, it sure is fun to learn now that 1 or 2 games is in fact NOT enough to judge a quarterback off of, and that whatever flaws they've shown recently can be corrected! 

I don't believe I ever said that. I was skeptical of Lamar developing as a passer, but I didn't think it was impossible and I knew he'd be dangerous if he could.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Two poor defenses vs two very good defenses. But hey, whatever fits your narrative

I wouldn't call the NYJ defense without Mosley and Quinnen Williams very good but idk that's just me. I also think Arizona's defense is better than their numbers indicate.

I just don't understand though, like BTerp said, how people could write off a QB because of one bad game in his rookie year, then the next year after two straight games where he's shown clear improvement it's "well it was against bad teams". I think the people who want to believe Lamar won't be good are so dug in with their assumptions and ego they won't allow themselves to see any other reality.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wouldn't call the NYJ defense without Mosley and Quinnen Williams very good but idk that's just me. I also think Arizona's defense is better than their numbers indicate.

I just don't understand though, like BTerp said, how people could write off a QB because of one bad game in his rookie year, then the next year after two straight games where he's shown clear improvement it's "well it was against bad teams". I think the people who want to believe Lamar won't be good are so dug in with their assumptions and ego they won't allow themselves to see any other reality.

I along with many other fans (not just Browns fans) are basing it off his college play, you know about the only decent sample size he has. 

Just so you know where I stand, it’s far too early to tell exactly how good either Baker or Lamar are going to be. It’s very foolish with the small sample size. It would be like saying a good showing in preseason is enough to crown a qb. @Gmen