Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

patriotsheatyan

Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

• Mayfield
    • Jackson

Here’s my problem here. If you asked this poll in August, it would be laughed at. 80+% in favor of Baker no doubt, probably bigger. 

2 games (really just 1 since most votes were probably cast before week 2).... 2 god damn games, and suddenly it’s a close battle. Tells you 1 of 2 things... pro Lamar crowd didn’t bother voting/voicing opinion in the past but are now coming out full force while Baker crowd is cowering due to recent results, or FF is just as part of hot take culture as ESPN (if you’re changing your opinion on a player from 2 games... smh)

Either way my only conclusion is FF polls are worthless and that is sad!

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Here’s my problem here. If you asked this poll in August, it would be laughed at. 80+% in favor of Baker no doubt, probably bigger. 

2 games (really just 1 since most votes were probably cast before week 2).... 2 god damn games, and suddenly it’s a close battle. Tells you 1 of 2 things... pro Lamar crowd didn’t bother voting/voicing opinion in the past but are now coming out full force while Baker crowd is cowering due to recent results, or FF is just as part of hot take culture as ESPN (if you’re changing your opinion on a player from 2 games... smh)

Either way my only conclusion is FF polls are worthless and that is sad!

That's been the case for quite awhile now, haha.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I along with many other fans (not just Browns fans) are basing it off his college play, you know about the only decent sample size he has. 

Just so you know where I stand, it’s far too early to tell exactly how good either Baker or Lamar are going to be. It’s very foolish with the small sample size. It would be like saying a good showing in preseason is enough to crown a qb. @Gmen

One could argue that even a year is too small of a sample size. You can just get lucky and face the league’s worst defenses like Mayfield did last year. Atlanta, Kansas City, Tampa bay, Cincinnati twice - all bottom 5 defenses last year. When he faces halfway respectable defenses he looks ordinary. Browns fans were trying to hype Baker for MVP hype this offseason. Keep dreaming. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gmen said:

One could argue that even a year is too small of a sample size. You can just get lucky and face the league’s worst defenses like Mayfield did last year. Atlanta, Kansas City, Tampa bay, Cincinnati twice - all bottom 5 defenses last year. When he faces halfway respectable defenses he looks ordinary. Browns fans were trying to hype Baker for MVP hype this offseason. Keep dreaming. 

Better than hyping him off preseason 😉

10 hours ago, DawgX said:

a team that just had the first overall pick and had the 26th worst defense in the league last year.

we finished 17th in defensive dvoa last year 

our offense was just so terrible they were always on the field

we also added swearinger, hicks, suggs, & byron murphy all who have played really well so far

tho we were w/o pp

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Tells you 1 of 2 things... pro Lamar crowd didn’t bother voting/voicing opinion in the past but are now coming out full force while Baker crowd is cowering due to recent results

yes

but I have been pro lamar since his draft

and have stated it multiple times since, tho I have no reason to talk about him/the Ravens since you know, they aren't my team so I don't really care that much

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I will not respond to the trolls. I will not respond to the trolls. I will not respond to the trolls.

No worries man, Lamar's already better than Baker and two years younger.

After decades of tanking for draft picks the Browns finally have talent in their roster, but Baker's going to hold them back from doing anything meaningful.