Sign in to follow this  
brooks1957

Football intercepted by life

Horrible, heartbreaking news today. Petara Cordero, girlfriend of Browns DE Chris Smith and mother of their infant daughter, was killed Wednesday morning. She was the victim of a traffic incident on I-90 West.

26 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Horrible, heartbreaking news today. Petara Cordero, girlfriend of Browns DE Chris Smith and mother of their infant daughter, was killed Wednesday morning. She was the victim of a traffic incident on I-90 West.

Very sad.  Just read this on Cleveland.com.  

That’s awful.

It’s things like considering that poor kid has to grow up without a mother or some parent just lost their child that really keep a lot of this bullsht about football in perspective.  

It’s just a game, it doesn’t matter.  This is the stuff that really matters and it’s heartbreaking.

Absolutely awful. I cannot imagine the pain, anger, and feeling of helplessness he must be going through right now, all with a 4 week old at home who will never know their mom.

Spot on, MWil. The pain must be excruciating right now. We can only hope and pray that sometime in the future another special woman comes into Chris' life who replaces today's pain and despair with joy and hope.

Edited by brooks1957

This is sad to hear about anyone, but Chris Smith seems like legitimately good dude thoughts and prayers are with him and the family