Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It is tho. 

Example; how often is a successful play Called creative? Not much but when you’re not executing the lack of “creativity” is always referenced but at the end of the day it comes down to execution. 

Was Bellamy’s drop not creative enough? He was wide open in the middle of the field. 

Was Robby not getting that DPI in the End Zone creative enough? He was open in the back of the EZ for 6. 

Execution matters and that’s not being referenced enough. 

Partly due to frustration, partly due to preconceived opinions of Gase and we just plain don’t have the talent upfront to give our guys a chance. 

I think lack of execution is obvious with dropped passes and missed assignments.  That happens in every game for every team. So no argument on some plays there was poor execution.

I am talking about when a coach does not put his players in a position to succeed.  There was a bunch of that both opening day and this past Monday.  There was also plenty of non adjustments during the game to counter what the D was doing to the O.  That is what creative means to me.  That is what a creative offensive coach will do.  I did not see that from Gase.  Specifically, there was no counter for the Browns stacking the box.  No attempt to burn the one on one coverage with quick slants as an example.  He needs to coach better, period.  You have to admit to that at least.  One offensive TD in two games is not 100% poor execution.

36 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I think lack of execution is obvious with dropped passes and missed assignments.  That happens in every game for every team. So no argument on some plays there was poor execution.

I am talking about when a coach does not put his players in a position to succeed.  There was a bunch of that both opening day and this past Monday.  There was also plenty of non adjustments during the game to counter what the D was doing to the O.  That is what creative means to me.  That is what a creative offensive coach will do.  I did not see that from Gase.  Specifically, there was no counter for the Browns stacking the box.  No attempt to burn the one on one coverage with quick slants as an example.  He needs to coach better, period.  You have to admit to that at least.  One offensive TD in two games is not 100% poor execution.

One offensive TD is poor execution. Darnold missed Robby twice for would be Touchdowns, Robby drops one in the EZ, Bell leads us down the field and fumbles inside the 20, we fail to convert on 4th and 2.

as for quick slants and passes, that’s exactly what they were trying to do, he wasn’t putting long developing routes out there. 

I think his adjust should have been, Pound the rock to slow down the pass rush, that opens up the PA pass, misdirection screens to Bell/Montgomery and then take a shot deep when they’re not expecting it. 

However poor OL play kind of minimizes the playbook and then on top of that you’re down to the practice squad QB. 

Gase is smart, he knows what he needs to do, players have to play better first however. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

One offensive TD is poor execution. Darnold missed Robby twice for would be Touchdowns, Robby drops one in the EZ, Bell leads us down the field and fumbles inside the 20, we fail to convert on 4th and 2.

as for quick slants and passes, that’s exactly what they were trying to do, he wasn’t putting long developing routes out there. 

I think his adjust should have been, Pound the rock to slow down the pass rush, that opens up the PA pass, misdirection screens to Bell/Montgomery and then take a shot deep when they’re not expecting it. 

However poor OL play kind of minimizes the playbook and then on top of that you’re down to the practice squad QB. 

Gase is smart, he knows what he needs to do, players have to play better first however. 

Bro if you can't admit Gase needs to coach better, that his play calling and game plan has played a part in the horrible offense the past two weeks ALONG with poor play by players and sure injuries ..... then I ask you take of your mask Adam and show yourself.  LOL

Everyone on offense needs to be better and this includes the coaches.  I don't mind him calling out the players like he did after week 1 and holding them accountable but great leaders and coaches also hold themselves accountable.  Fact is no one associated with our O has been great so far or even good.  We have to do better.

EDIT:  Wanted to answer the highlighted above.  That is chicken and the egg argument.  How about the OC coach up the players better so they do play better.  Again, everyone has to do better for us to play well on O - not just the players and not just he coach.  Both are the problem from what I have witnessed.

Edited by JetsFan15

34 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Bro if you can't admit Gase needs to coach better, that his play calling and game plan has played a part in the horrible offense the past two weeks ALONG with poor play by players and sure injuries ..... then I ask you take of your mask Adam and show yourself.  LOL

Everyone on offense needs to be better and this includes the coaches.  I don't mind him calling out the players like he did after week 1 and holding them accountable but great leaders and coaches also hold themselves accountable.  Fact is no one associated with our O has been great so far or even good.  We have to do better.

EDIT:  Wanted to answer the highlighted above.  That is chicken and the egg argument.  How about the OC coach up the players better so they do play better.  Again, everyone has to do better for us to play well on O - not just the players and not just he coach.  Both are the problem from what I have witnessed.

Again, if the players were executing no one would be complaining about Gase’s play calling. On top of that the call for him to be more creative is ridiculous when they can barely execute an iso up the middle without it getting blown up. 

Can Gase do better? Yes of course, that’s not even my debate. But the players have to give him something to work with and it starts with blocking the other team first and foremost. 

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Again, if the players were executing no one would be complaining about Gase’s play calling. On top of that the call for him to be more creative is ridiculous when they can barely execute an iso up the middle without it getting blown up. 

Can Gase do better? Yes of course, that’s not even my debate. But the players have to give him something to work with and it starts with blocking the other team first and foremost. 

I'm with you on this one. Aside from Bell we have NOTHING on offense. Luke Falk, come on.

20 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm with you on this one. Aside from Bell we have NOTHING on offense. Luke Falk, come on.

Geeez I swear I've been saying this for over decade and yet we still draft defense every single year with high draft picks. And then we wonder why our offense is embarrassing. With all the picks we've spent on defense the last 10+ years. We should have the bets defense ever created. But that's not the case bc we cant even do that right. Throw out the idea of drafting defense with valuable picks and build the OL and give Darnold weapons. Win games the way KC does and out score teams.