Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lol well it feels like 1999 with maybe less expectations but we will definitely be drafting in the top ten again.

Hope we can trade down this year and recoop some picks, we need to overhaul the OL, CB's, and need a young go to WR for Sam.  Need all the picks we can get.

Trade Leo ASAP, take that 3rd now instead of waiting on a comp pick.

Good news if we can do that is the OL, CB, and WR class looks really solid.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Hope we can trade down this year and recoop some picks, we need to overhaul the OL, CB's, and need a young go to WR for Sam.  Need all the picks we can get.

Trade Leo ASAP, take that 3rd now instead of waiting on a comp pick.

100000%. I would trade everyone we can. This is a lost year already. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You just lost to the Bills.

You’re in the same boat.

You guys are likely going to win this week, especially without our starting QB, but let's not pretend that our loss was nearly as embarrassing as the Browns'. Cleveland spent all offseason on a high-horse touting themselves as the "next big thing", but their season is headed down the same road: disappointment. The Browns will likely end the season with 7 or 8 wins and miss the playoffs among totally unrealistic expectations. Yes, they added some shiny new toys (none of which that have won a playoff game), but your offensive line is arguably league-worst, the defense/Steve Wilks are vastly overrated, and Freddie Kitchens was a puppet hire. 

Anyway, back to the Jets. We're likely starring 0-3 in the face. I do expect us to steal a game in weeks 5-7, but still, virtually impossible to start 1-5 and reach the playoffs. Weeks 8-14 are fairly kind to us, but likely going 6-10 or 7-9. Hopefully they can use this season as a growth year and jump-start this thing next offseason. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

Guys it is really early in the season. Don't pack your bags yet. the Browns are not that good and you never know what can happen. You still have Bell who looked good to me. Just relax ever year we have the knee jerk reaction. There are some good things that can still come from the season. Sam is out but we are still in Ok shape. Sam did not do that great against the Bills so he is not a game changing person. No D is scared of Sam so no real lost. 

Trading people away just to trade is really dumb. Just because you have a to of draft picks does not mean you win. Look at the usually teams that have high draft picks are always at the top. You need guys to fit your system not stud names. The problem we have is we don't have a system yet. Douglas will get to going and I expect him to fire Gase at the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Trading people away just to trade is really dumb. Just because you have a to of draft picks does not mean you win. Look at the usually teams that have high draft picks are always at the top. You need guys to fit your system not stud names. The problem we have is we don't have a system yet. Douglas will get to going and I expect him to fire Gase at the end of the year. 

Give Douglas more options to build this team up. More cap flexibility to get guys who fit what Gase and GW want to do. 

Unlike Macc we have to hope Douglas will provide our coaches with the right talent. Right now both are working with units who aren’t exactly 1. Talented and 2. Fit their schemes 

• Like 1

Leo
Anderson

Yikes that is really the only players I'd be willing to trade that have any value.  We have maybe an OL or two but don't want to do that to Sam.

I still want to keep guys like Robby, Maye, Jenkins because I think they are good enough to stay and young enough to be here long term.  Obviously guys like Adams/Q/Sam are untouchable.

I'd take a pair of used socks for Trumaine if we could get that.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Leo
Anderson

Yikes that is really the only players I'd be willing to trade that have any value.  We have maybe an OL or two but don't want to do that to Sam.

I still want to keep guys like Robby, Maye, Jenkins because I think they are good enough to stay and young enough to be here long term.  Obviously guys like Adams/Q/Sam are untouchable.

I'd take a pair of used socks for Trumaine if we could get that.

I would trade a 6 to have someone take his contract

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Leo, Robby, Osemele, Beachum, Henry and McLendon could all have value somewhere around the league

Thats at least 

-2nd Rounder(Leo)

-2 4th Rounders(Robby/Beachum)

- 3 5th/6th Rounders(Osemele, Henry, McLendon)

Really prefer not to trade our entire OL and get Sam killed.  That is a terrible idea.

I'd be ok trading Robby but prefer to keep him too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Guys it is really early in the season. Don't pack your bags yet. the Browns are not that good and you never know what can happen. You still have Bell who looked good to me. Just relax ever year we have the knee jerk reaction. There are some good things that can still come from the season. Sam is out but we are still in Ok shape. Sam did not do that great against the Bills so he is not a game changing person. No D is scared of Sam so no real lost. 

Sam is 22 nobody was expecting him to carry the team but if you don't think going from Sam to Trevor is a downgrade just wait.