Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What about me I saw the Jets Super Bowel in 1969, for me it has been a fifty year to see another Jet team in the SB. And I am running out of time.

Yeah man you absolutely deserve another one. God bless your heart for 50 years of torture and still coming on a board like this and vent. We all deserve better.

We have so many holes that it’s going to be difficult to address them all in one offseason. 

But I rewatched the game and honestly the Line was atrocious until Cleveland slowed down due to fatigue. 

We should have run the ball more IMO but Powell was inactive. I would have just pounded it out until something broke off. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We have so many holes that it’s going to be difficult to address them all in one offseason. 

But I rewatched the game and honestly the Line was atrocious until Cleveland slowed down due to fatigue. 

We should have run the ball more IMO but Powell was inactive. I would have just pounded it out until something broke off. 

The OL looked actually very good soon as Falk was starting.

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol Beachum and his “world of suck” comment. That’s putting it lightly as far as his performance

I have a bad gut feeling this team is going to mail it in realllll early though. 

Agreed. Its easy to look at the schedule and say ok we can win 6-8 of the last 10 games. But an 0-6 start really takes it out of a team and can hurt our competitive level.

5 hours ago, J_E_T_$ said:

We are gonna be 0-6, Gase will get fired, Williams will be interm coach, another wasted year!!!!!

Doubtful that Gase is fired this year. He kinda has a pass put in place since hes down to his 3rd string QB and Maccagnan put this team in a tough spot. Our schedule is brutal, we were never gonna win vs the Patriots, Cowboys, and Eagles. We could have won vs the Bills and Browns. instead of being 2-4 during that stretch, we are gonna be 0-6.  It is possible we start out 0-6 and win 7 straight as our schedule gets easy. The Steelers look much more winnable without Ben too. I see us finishing this season 7-9 tbh. Improvement from last year but we are still a year away. 

7 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

And he should barring a complete collapse and him loosing the locker room entirely. I would bet Gase hasn't even unleashed half of his playbook because the OL has played so terribly. 

IMO he’s gameplanned well enough to the strengths of our opponents and the weaknesses of our team. 

I think he needs to run the ball a bit more just to wear down the opposing DL to give the QB some more time to sit in the pocket when it’s time to pass. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

IMO he’s gameplanned well enough to the strengths of our opponents and the weaknesses of our team. 

I think he needs to run the ball a bit more just to wear down the opposing DL to give the QB some more time to sit in the pocket when it’s time to pass. 

I agree, I'd really love to see Bell and Montgomery on the field at the same time as well. Montgomery looked great in the preseason. Throw Herndon out there as well when he's back and Sam will have so many options on short quick passes.