Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Geeez I swear I've been saying this for over decade and yet we still draft defense every single year with high draft picks. And then we wonder why our offense is embarrassing. With all the picks we've spent on defense the last 10+ years. We should have the bets defense ever created. But that's not the case bc we cant even do that right. Throw out the idea of drafting defense with valuable picks and build the OL and give Darnold weapons. Win games the way KC does and out score teams.

The problem is we keep going BPA and when you're picking top 5 it tends to either be QBs or DL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

^ Yep I just want us to get a huge amount of OL talent and bully everyone. Go back to the days of Thomas Jones getting 5 yards before even getting touched.

Agreed.  For me that starts with day 1 of FA offering Schreff a huge deal.  Whitehair would be a nice fall back option too.  

Draft a LT in round 1 (Thomas/Little), a road grader OG in round 3 (another deep position which is great for us), and pray Edoga is ready for RT.  If we can do that we'd be in a great position with the OL even if Harrison had to start (I'd look to grab a C in the later rounds 4th/5th as competition).

There will be some WR talent in Round 2 because of how deep the class is and Ruggs III from Alabama is a name to watch there.  I really love Reagor from TCU but no way he gets out of round 1.

This draft is all about OL for me and adding 1 WR in the top 3 rounds.  In FA I'd look to add a solid pass rusher opposite Jenkins (Ngakoue is the best one out there).

• Like 1

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/18/20873320/jets-blocking-schemes-are-incomprehensible-right-now

I mean the Cardinals have less talent and they aren’t having -12 passing yard performances well into the 3rd quarter. The Pats offensive line is makeshift and they are protecting Brady. This is the highest paid line in the league. Something needs to change 

Edited by GangGreen420

There’s a guy on twitter who does breakdowns of our games, I forget his name off the top of my head but he’s even showing that if the OL gave the QB a second and half that guys would have had a chance to break open. 

First play of the game Robby gets open on a deep dig but Simien was sacked in .2 seconds. 

I’ll give the Line a chance since they barely played in the preseason. 

45 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There’s a guy on twitter who does breakdowns of our games, I forget his name off the top of my head but he’s even showing that if the OL gave the QB a second and half that guys would have had a chance to break open. 

First play of the game Robby gets open on a deep dig but Simien was sacked in .2 seconds. 

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1174724215129485315

Joe Blewett is his name

Probably not a great idea to rewatch it though.  The OL is so bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/18/20873320/jets-blocking-schemes-are-incomprehensible-right-now

I mean the Cardinals have less talent and they aren’t having -12 passing yard performances well into the 3rd quarter. The Pats offensive line is makeshift and they are protecting Brady. This is the highest paid line in the league. Something needs to change 

Couldnt be any less impressed with both our entire offense schematically. We actually had a good OC in Morton and Bowles was too much of an idiot to realize it. So far Gases scheme has been the most boring and generic offense I have ever seen us run. Its actually worse than when Rex hired Tony Sporano. 

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah... As I said before we won't see any good blocking until at least week 5 or 6.  After that, we will know whether or not it is a bust.  Still, it is embarrassing.