Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sam is 22 nobody was expecting him to carry the team but if you don't think going from Sam to Trevor is a downgrade just wait.

I don't think Trevor is that bad. He is a good back up QB who can fill in here and there and that is what he will do. I don't think he is a turnover machine like Fitz was and he can complete 60% of his passes. If Bell does not play we will take a big hit then. 

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sam is 22 nobody was expecting him to carry the team but if you don't think going from Sam to Trevor is a downgrade just wait.

And even scarier....if it’s actually not 😔

I absolutely still believe Sam is our guy. Like you said he’s 22, which is still a year younger than Baker was last year. My biggest issue is that we are likely going to waste this kids rookie deal and have to pay him massive money before he really has earned it. 

• Like 2

I'm not watching this game. It's going to damage my mental health. I like Trevor but he's walking into a tough situation with Bell's shoulder, Enunwa gone, DT still recovering, Herndon suspended, and oline still figuring things out. Our CB's are going to get killed and if Mosely is hurt, Chubb will kill us too. Titans got them last week, but I don't see us pulling that off in our current situation. 

I'm just hoping we keep it close. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053975/article/odell-beckham-calls-out-gregg-williams-for-dirty-hits

Didnt know where else to post this but I wonder if there's any truth to what OBJ is saying.

"The only thing I'm buying is probably just gotta watch out for the cheap shots and the dirty hits and all of the things that he likes to teach. That's pretty much all we gotta watch out for," Beckham said. "Other than that I expect the same two-high safety on. I don't expect much man-to-man."

"It's preseason. It's like a known rule. Like in preseason, nobody in the NFL is really out to do stuff like that," Beckham told reporters. "I had players on this team telling me that that's what he was telling them to do -- 'take me out of the game' -- and it's preseason. So, you just know who he is. Just that's the man ... calling the plays."

56 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053975/article/odell-beckham-calls-out-gregg-williams-for-dirty-hits

Didnt know where else to post this but I wonder if there's any truth to what OBJ is saying.

Easy to point the finger at Williams bc of his past. But what recently has shown that he's dirty? This is just typical OBJ bringing attention to something that has not recent validity. Im a strong believer in play football like the game is meant to be played. And that entails hitting a guy as hard as you can. Sometimes that means injury. I am against cheap shots, but I'm not against drilling guys as hard as you can. And with the NFL rules now... that does mean hitting low. Bc if you hit high you get flagged. As a guy that's torn my ACL twice due to football, yes I totally would rather get hit up high then at my knees. But fact is the rules don't cater to that. So I have no issues with defenders playing within the rules and hitting low. A WR, RB look at as dirty... but ask that player where they can get hit? And it leaves a small window. So OBJ needs to shut up and play. If he gets hit with a dirty hit... then he can talk. But until then shut up and play a game that entails hitting hard. If you don't like it go play soccer.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Easy to point the finger at Williams bc of his past. But what recently has shown that he's dirty? This is just typical OBJ bringing attention to something that has not recent validity. Im a strong believer in play football like the game is meant to be played. And that entails hitting a guy as hard as you can. Sometimes that means injury. I am against cheap shots, but I'm not against drilling guys as hard as you can. And with the NFL rules now... that does mean hitting low. Bc if you hit high you get flagged. As a guy that's torn my ACL twice due to football, yes I totally would rather get hit up high then at my knees. But fact is the rules don't cater to that. So I have no issues with defenders playing within the rules and hitting low. A WR, RB look at as dirty... but ask that player where they can get hit? And it leaves a small window. So OBJ needs to shut up and play. If he gets hit with a dirty hit... then he can talk. But until then shut up and play a game that entails hitting hard. If you don't like it go play soccer.

According to OBJ, this info was provided by Browns teammates who were on the team under Gregg.