Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

According to OBJ, this info was provided by Browns teammates who were on the team under Gregg.

I'll repeat again... what recently has shown Williams is dirty? (Keep in mind it was in 2012 when Williams was in bounty gate and was reinstated in 2013, so its been 6+ years of no evidence of this behavior).

There's nothing wrong with a DC telling his players to hit the heck out of the players on the other team. If it ends in injury so be it. There's no evidence to prove that Williams has recently said to go out an injure players in a dirty way. This is OBJ taking Williams' past and taking it to this Monday bc he's scared to get hit by Adams and Mosley.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll repeat again... what recently has shown Williams is dirty? (Keep in mind it was in 2012 when Williams was in bounty gate and was reinstated in 2013, so its been 6+ years of no evidence of this behavior).

There's nothing wrong with a DC telling his players to hit the heck out of the players on the other team. If it ends in injury so be it. There's no evidence to prove that Williams has recently said to go out an injure players in a dirty way. This is OBJ taking Williams' past and taking it to this Monday bc he's scared to get hit by Adams and Mosley.

"I had players on this team telling me that that's what he was telling them to do -- 'take me out of the game' -- and it's preseason. So, you just know who he is. Just that's the man ... calling the plays."

Taking someone out of the game = Telling them to injure that player.

Yeah and OBJ would never embellish the truth to make a headline.  When those "teammates" who played for Williams come out and say "Yes, I was told to take OBJ out of the game", then I will believe what this diva is stating.  Until then, all conjecture.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

"I had players on this team telling me that that's what he was telling them to do -- 'take me out of the game' -- and it's preseason. So, you just know who he is. Just that's the man ... calling the plays."

Taking someone out of the game = Telling them to injure that player.

No it doesn't actually. You can 100% hit someone legally as hard as you can and take them out of the game. Now if the quote was take him out of the game ANYWAY POSSIBLE... than I'd agree. But there's nothing wrong with telling a player to hit the opposing players as hard as you can legally and if that means them out of the game so be it. Its football. Not flag football.

You're in fact just putting words that aren't there and assuming. There's no evidence to that he's saying play dirty. You assuming that bc of his past, just like OBJ.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Yeah and OBJ would never embellish the truth to make a headline.  When those "teammates" who played for Williams come out and say "Yes, I was told to take OBJ out of the game", then I will believe what this diva is stating.  Until then, all conjecture.

Exactly... and to go a step forward there's nothing wrong with saying take OBJ out of the game. When its not ok is to say take him out of the game illegally. But that's not what's going on. Its people taking his past and assuming.

I hope the Browns keep talking. We need as much motivation as we can get for this game. 

And for the record, I’d be happy to see us take OBJ out of the game. He’s a child who brings all the distractions upon himself, yet takes zero accountability. I don’t wish upon injury, but a I’ll be cheering if we pop him in the mouth and it results in him sitting out.

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No it doesn't actually. You can 100% hit someone legally as hard as you can and take them out of the game. Now if the quote was take him out of the game ANYWAY POSSIBLE... than I'd agree. But there's nothing wrong with telling a player to hit the opposing players as hard as you can legally and if that means them out of the game so be it. Its football. Not flag football.

You're in fact just putting words that aren't there and assuming. There's no evidence to that he's saying play dirty. You assuming that bc of his past, just like OBJ.

If you hit someone so hard that they must leave the game, that is because you injured them, regardless of the severity of the injury. I don't see how "anyway possible" adds or subtracts anything to his statement. Also the hit in question on OBJ that he was miffed about was the low hit to the legs that sidelined him for Week 1 that season... so not really a hard hit, but rather, a dirty one, and certainly not legal.

I certainly don't take OBJ's words as the gospel (he could very easily be embellishing what was said to him) but if Gregg really did say this, it's pretty damning. Coaches shouldn't be encouraging players to injure other players. This shouldn't need to be explained.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If you hit someone so hard that they must leave the game, that is because you injured them, regardless of the severity of the injury. I don't see how "anyway possible" adds or subtracts anything to his statement. Also the hit in question on OBJ that he was miffed about was the low hit to the legs that sidelined him for Week 1 that season... so not really a hard hit, but rather, a dirty one, and certainly not legal.

I certainly don't take OBJ's words as the gospel but if Gregg really did say this, it's pretty damning. Coaches shouldn't be encouraging players to injure other players. This shouldn't need to be explained.

Its the NFL now though. And fans and players need to get used to it. The NFL has made it to where you cant hit high. The players would rather get hit high then low. But low doesn't get flagged. So the players and fans need to get used to hits low. And that's just how it is. OBJ is a cry baby. OBJ bc he's a baby is scared of talented players that can hit (Adams and Mosely). So we will see what happens. Neither Mosley or Adams are dirty players.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Its the NFL now though. And fans and players need to get used to it. The NFL has made it to where you cant hit high. The players would rather get hit high then low. But low doesn't get flagged. So the players and fans need to get used to hits low. And that's just how it is. OBJ is a cry baby. OBJ bc he's a baby is scared of talented players that can hit (Adams and Mosely). So we will see what happens. Neither Mosley or Adams are dirty players.

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

That's not the problem here though. The problem is that if OBJ is to be believed (and that's an if), Gregg is still instructing players to injure other players.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053975/article/odell-beckham-calls-out-gregg-williams-for-dirty-hits

Didnt know where else to post this but I wonder if there's any truth to what OBJ is saying.

Jonathan Vilma was on Mike Greenbergs terrible show and said that Williams doesn’t teach dirty tactics. 

• Like 2

Not expecting much, but a win Monday night would keep some resemblance of hope alive, and seeing how emotionally vulnerable this board is, could have half of you thinking were SuperBowl favorites!! 

In all seriousness, weather the storm until Sam is healthy, and then let's see what happens. If we finish 7-9 or 8-8 but are competitive in every game and Sam looks as good as we all expect him to, this season can still be a success. 

Cheers to those still finding a way to root for this team! 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unless you hear it from Gregg Williams' mouth or a more reliable source than OBJ.  It is tabloid fodder.

I don't know why it was brought up but I have feeling that Henry Anderson's questionable hits led to that.   Hopefully, it fades away. We don't need that kind of distraction.

Edited by JetsandI