Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

What a joke we are. The game was basically over by the time Gase first called a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

I've been thinking more and more in recent times that Dante Scarnecchia (Pats' OL coach) is every bit as responsible for their success as Brady and Belichick and should be much more widely praised. We, on the other hand, are putting out an offensive line that reminds me of the old Anthony Clement and Adrien Clarke days that I had blocked out for so long.

Honestly, it might not be a bad idea to sit Darnold and Bell for the year, put absolutely every effort into upgrading the OL, and try again next year. Darnold will get killed if he comes back in any way underweight post-mono.

Our offense has really done our defense dirty. With the exception of Maye looking totally lost on OBJ's TD, the D played so much better than they had any right to.

41 minutes ago, TheChad said:

What a joke we are. The game was basically over by the time Gase first called a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

I've been thinking more and more in recent times that Dante Scarnecchia (Pats' OL coach) is every bit as responsible for their success as Brady and Belichick and should be much more widely praised. We, on the other hand, are putting out an offensive line that reminds me of the old Anthony Clement and Adrien Clarke days that I had blocked out for so long.

Honestly, it might not be a bad idea to sit Darnold and Bell for the year, put absolutely every effort into upgrading the OL, and try again next year. Darnold will get killed if he comes back in any way underweight post-mono.

Our offense has really done our defense dirty. With the exception of Maye looking totally lost on OBJ's TD, the D played so much better than they had any right to.

To be fair QBJ makes all defensive backs on any team look totally lost. OBJ said after the game he played with leg cramps all game long.

This franchise can only described as 1 word and that is

INSANITY

Which part of the definition of that means doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

How many DLineman have we drafted in the 1st round and even 1st 3 rounds that haven't turned out or even let walk away and such? If I am correct... Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Snacks, Leo, Anderson, Shepard and if I had to bet Williams also.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Media already going after Gase. He was hire no one wanted, and the guy with the most previous (and not impressive) experience. 

I'm still surprised we didn't hire McCarthy. He seemed to want to be here. We wanted to hire a veteran coach for once. It seemed to align.

I was and am completely on board with us hiring someone with experience for the first time in a while. We couldn't just keep with the new guys forever and hoping it would work out. And honestly, Gase's record with what Miami had is relatively impressive. It wasn't the way I'd have gone, but I was okay with it. Doubly so with him being able to help bring in guys like Gregg Williams and Joe Douglas. I just really need to see something out of Gase soon to not get completely deflated on the whole thing, and as a result my hopes for Darnold.

7 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I'm still surprised we didn't hire McCarthy. He seemed to want to be here. We wanted to hire a veteran coach for once. It seemed to align.

I was and am completely on board with us hiring someone with experience for the first time in a while. We couldn't just keep with the new guys forever and hoping it would work out. And honestly, Gase's record with what Miami had is relatively impressive. It wasn't the way I'd have gone, but I was okay with it. Doubly so with him being able to help bring in guys like Gregg Williams and Joe Douglas. I just really need to see something out of Gase soon to not get completely deflated on the whole thing, and as a result my hopes for Darnold.

Agreed. Gase wasn’t my first choice but the offense needs to look very, very, improved 6 weeks from now with Darnold, Herndon and the offensive line given time to mesh.

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

Crazy thing is until the OBJ TD (which I was screaming at the TV before the snap why there are 3 WR's and only two guys over there covering is beyond me) we were just one play away from being within 1 score.  Not that we could have won but it was a great effort by the defense to keep it that close.

The defense played great last night and Baker looked awful again but was just lucky enough to face a third string QB most of the game.

Side note Bell is a beast.  I feel bad for him though because he's stuck with a bad OL and a third string QB.

What ever happen to Macc, high priced free agent CB Trumaine Johnson, he was benched last night and did not play a down. And the guy a begged the Jets to take in the draft a couple of years ago Dalvin Cook is leading the NFL in rushing with 265 yards. Who did Macc pick that's rights LB Lee and another terrible first round pick.

43 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I watched this whole game and I'm gonna be watching the coaches film on Gamepass of it later this week because I hate myself and I clearly do not want to experience joy.

We are all a glutton for punishment. Let’s be honest lol. I want to come on this board one day and it be after a Super Bowl before my life is over. 

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We are all a glutton for punishment. Let’s be honest lol. I want to come on this board one day and it be after a Super Bowl before my life is over. 

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

What about me I saw the Jets Super Bowel in 1969, for me it has been a fifty year to see another Jet team in the SB. And I am running out of time.

I'm done watching them for a bit. This team is a joke. The offense can't do anything.  Our OL is terrible, Maccagnan screwed us there. We have among the highest paid OL but they suck. Ryan Kalil probably should have stayed retired. Osemele has been missing blocks.  Beachum was thrown around like a rag doll, hes mediocre. We may need 5 new starter next year, at least 3. 

Our biggest issues are that we have no OL and no edge. I am tired of watching elite edges being game changers while we have guys who give QBs all day to throw. I give Breshum some credit, he looked like our best edge there were a few times he almost had a sack and some pressure.  Our secondary would be better if we could get pressure without blitzing. 

Joe Douglas has his work cut out for him. I think he'll cut Osemele after the year, save the big cap hit.  Trumaine Johnson days are number, hes a waste of big money but we are stuck. WE could save $3 mil but a huge dead money, which they probably will take.  Brian Winters can be cut for a good 7.5 mil in savings.  

This season is gonna be awful, we will start out 0-6 at least. TBH its better that Darnold isn't playing because we don't need him risking himself behind this trash. We have no chance to beat the Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots. They are SB contenders, we are contenders for the 1st pick right now.   I'd take my time with Darnold's health, this team is trash anyways. LeVeon is being wasted behind this garbage. He hardly has holes, and hes our whole offense. We are missing Herndon badly. 

But accept that this team may not score a TD for a while.

Maybe next year we can compete, if Joe Douglas proves to be a quality GM that can address these holes and draft well.  We will probably have a top 10 pick again. 

Archived